“Clean, Comfortable, Excellent Staff!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
Ranked #31 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were in Richmond for a funeral, and needed 4 rooms. We had booked online at a different hotel, but it was NOT what we were expecting, so we cancelled our reservations and the hunt was on for somewhere else to stay. I walked in to the lobby of the Fairfield Inn and it was nicely decorated, clean and fresh, and the staff was warm and friendly. I inquired about 4 rooms and told them of our experience with the other hotel, and they were able to get us 4 rooms on the same floor. Rooms were nicely decorated, clean, beds were comfortable, and had extra pillows. Hotel had workout room and indoor pool (we didn't have time to use these unfortunately). Breakfast was included and had scrambled eggs, sausage, and waffles in addition to the usual yogurt, muffins, bagels, cereal, oatmeal, etc. Coffee was always available and if it wasn't fresh the wonderful staff would always offer to make you a fresh pot.
There was a sports tournament going on the weekend we were there, and it was a little crowded at times, but there was always someone there keeping things clean and stocked.
Overall impression of this hotel was excellent and I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Sherrie G,

Thank you for reviewing our Fairfield Inn & Suites and I'm glad to hear that our staff was able to accommodate your needs during a difficult time. We have recently refreshed our look and are delighted that you enjoyed our furnishings so much. I'm also happy you liked our new complimentary hot breakfast. Thanks again for your review and high ratings and we hope to see you the next time you're in Richmond!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Fairfield Inns are not the top-level Marriott (for example, pool but no hot tub), but the one in Richmond VA still delivered Marriott quality at a very reasonable price. The bedroom was smaller than the more upscale Marriotts, but still comfortable and outfitted with a large fridge and a microwave. More importantly, the bedding was the quality we've come to expect from a Marriott. And the location was excellent, just off Broad Street, giving easy access to a variety of restaurants as well as shopping. And Broad Street is pretty much a straight shot into downtown Richmond - about a 15 minute drive.
Staff were friendly and helpful, offering restaurant suggestions, directions and coupons. When we decided to go to Tarrants, they asked lots of questions when we came back, saying they love to be able to offer their guests first-hand information on restaurants. Special praise to Pandora, who took care of our breakfast area with great care, and friendly good humor - even when a large group of student athletes gobbled up everything in sight as fast as she could put it out! I use a cane, and Pandora took the extra minute to be sure we got a table and that I had coffee and juice without having to juggle them She was a shining example of why we stay at Marriotts whenever we can. The food itself was plentiful and good quality, including juice and coffee, fresh fruit and yogurt, a variety of toast, muffins and bagels, DIY waffles, and Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches.
I'd love to return to Richmond, and would definitely choose this hotel again, for price, location, and outstanding staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VTOceanLover
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear VTOceanLover,

Thanks for writing such a comprehensive review of your recent stay at our hotel! I'm delighted to hear that you felt you received the full "Marriott experience" at a reasonable price and received great value for your money. We also appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and I will pass them on to the rest of our team to recognize their hard work. We hope it won't be too long before your next visit to Richmond and we can't wait to see you! Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I come to Richmond every 3 months and was given great southern hospitality by Shomeka Chandler who assisted me from dinning to places to shop etc in the near area of Richmond. I came into town again in July and Shomeka once again Sunshining Face friendly to speak helped me again. I am giving the hotel 5****'s but Shomeka is the best ever and she deserve not only a raise she deserve's 100***'s.
Will be back again in Sept not for the hotel but for Shomeka she makes me feel comfortable and especially traveling alone. I appreciate you and your hospitality and your wonderful smile. Thanks!!
Mrs. S.Meadows.

Room Tip: Next time i would like to try the King Suite with the jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sonya M
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Sonya M,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel & we appreciate you staying with us on a regular basis! I'm delighted to hear that our staff has been so helpful and accommodating and this has been a big factor in you choosing our property. Thanks again & we'll see you soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were greeted by a super guy, Randel, at the front desk. Largely because of him, we liked the Inn right away and decided to stay there. The rooms were well equipped, and the bed was most comfortable. The Inn is in a good location in Richmond, very near Broad Street and a major shopping center and restaurants. We recommend this Fairfield Inn based on our experience there.

Room Tip: We asked for and got a first-floor room. The front desk person, Randel, was helpful in helping us g...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear LeftyLen,

We appreciate you leaving a review of your stay and are very glad to hear our staff was able to efficiently handle your needs! I'm also happy you found our location great and that you had a comfortable stay overall. Thanks again for your review and we hope it won't be too long before your next stay!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed here two nights with a Special Olympics group. Check in was early and a breeze. The staff is very helpful, friendly and professional. My king suite was fantastic. Comfy bed and pillows, 2 flat screen tvs, small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Stereo in the sitting room. Sitting room furniture was clean and comfy. The a/c worked well and the room had a nice big window. Plenty of closet space. The bathroom was large and stocked with everything we needed. Rooms were cleaned every day which is not the norm these days! Breakfast was very good and there was a good selection of hot food. The location is very convenient to the highway and lots of restaurants and shopping. We had a very pleasant stay and I hope we stay there again next year. A+

Room Tip: The king suites are very spacious!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KCashVa
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear KCashVa,

Thanks for reviewing our Fairfield Inn & Suites. I'm happy to read that you found our service efficient and friendly, as well as that you found your room comfortable and clean and our location convenient - we love hearing from our guests and are excited you enjoyed your stay so much. Thank you again and we hope to see you for another visit soon!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I attended our niece's wedding and she recommended this hotel. We have stayed at Fairfield Inn's before and for the most part they have been nice. But I have to say this one was by far the BEST. The staff was wonderful and always cheery. They were so helpful whenever we asked them questions about the area and would print up directions so we knew exactly where we were going. The two girls who that we dealt with were Stefany and Kathy. We would like to give them a special thank you because they were so great. Also the rooms were so very clean as well as the entire hotel. I especially loved the Jimmy Dean egg and bacon breakfast sandwiches. Never had them at any hotels before. Coffee was wonderful too. All in all can you tell I really Loved this hotel?????

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fanoffairfield
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear fanoffairfield,

Thank you so much for writing a review of our hotel; I'm delighted to hear you had such a great experience and that we were your favorite Fairfield experience, as well as that you found our staff so friendly and helpful and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

On one hand the Fairfield was great. The rooms were large and comfortable, the service of the staff was great, the pool was fun. On the other hand the water temperature was a bit of a problem. It was either scalding hot or ice cold no middle ground which made giving my 9 month old daughter a bath very challenging. The staff was told about the issue at the start of our stay but had no other rooms to put us in that had a king bed so we dealt with it as best we could. They did say they would have some one come fix it asap.

• Stayed: May 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear twobrooksfarm,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm so sorry that you ran into issues with the water temperature during your visit - our maintenance team takes such problems very seriously and we appreciate your feedback so as to avoid similar matters in the future. If you would like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me at the number below. I am glad, however, that you rated us highly in every other area and that you enjoyed our amenities and guest service. Again, I'd like to apologize and hope that you will give us another opportunity on your next trip to Richmond.

(434) 822-2161