“Loved this Hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
Ranked #33 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I attended our niece's wedding and she recommended this hotel. We have stayed at Fairfield Inn's before and for the most part they have been nice. But I have to say this one was by far the BEST. The staff was wonderful and always cheery. They were so helpful whenever we asked them questions about the area and would print up directions so we knew exactly where we were going. The two girls who that we dealt with were Stefany and Kathy. We would like to give them a special thank you because they were so great. Also the rooms were so very clean as well as the entire hotel. I especially loved the Jimmy Dean egg and bacon breakfast sandwiches. Never had them at any hotels before. Coffee was wonderful too. All in all can you tell I really Loved this hotel?????

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fanoffairfield
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear fanoffairfield,

Thank you so much for writing a review of our hotel; I'm delighted to hear you had such a great experience and that we were your favorite Fairfield experience, as well as that you found our staff so friendly and helpful and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

On one hand the Fairfield was great. The rooms were large and comfortable, the service of the staff was great, the pool was fun. On the other hand the water temperature was a bit of a problem. It was either scalding hot or ice cold no middle ground which made giving my 9 month old daughter a bath very challenging. The staff was told about the issue at the start of our stay but had no other rooms to put us in that had a king bed so we dealt with it as best we could. They did say they would have some one come fix it asap.

• Stayed: May 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear twobrooksfarm,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm so sorry that you ran into issues with the water temperature during your visit - our maintenance team takes such problems very seriously and we appreciate your feedback so as to avoid similar matters in the future. If you would like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me at the number below. I am glad, however, that you rated us highly in every other area and that you enjoyed our amenities and guest service. Again, I'd like to apologize and hope that you will give us another opportunity on your next trip to Richmond.

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a horrible experience in Charlottesville at an Econo Lodge during UVA's graduation weekend and left early for Richmond to visit family. This Fairfield Inn was like a light at the end of the tunnel for us!!!!
These people are doing this RIGHT! They are updating and fixing things before needed! The desk staff are top notch! Wonderful people.
The breakfast area is spotless! That woman is to be commended for her excellent service!
Clean rooms, wonderful beds, CLEAN bathrooms, quiet hallways, great swimming pool! Great location from interstate and near restaurants.
I will stay here again when I visit my family.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joyce D
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear jdelauder,

Thanks so much for reviewing our Fairfield Inn & Suites and I'm delighted to read that you had a great stay with us after your previous visit to another hotel didn't meet your expectations. Our staff works hard to provide the best service they can and we really appreciate your kind words. I'm also happy that you found everything to be so clean and our amenities high quality. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay, hopefully soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I had reservations at the Richmond Marriott for a weekend visit to Kings Dominion and changed to this property after finding out about the 5,000 point promotion for making two stays at a Fairfield Inn. I had no idea what to expect but was surprised right away. It started with the check-in, Randell was very helpful providing directions, insight about the local area (including sharing that showing your room card gives you a discount at the restaurant across the street).

The room had been recently renovated and had a computer desk with chair, mini-fridge and microwave, large flat-screen television, sitting chair, dresser and lots of closet space. The bathroom was well appointed with lots of extra towels.

Although not close to downtown Richmond, it is closed to lots of shopping and restaurants and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank gilbertgl

Dear gilbertgl,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay and I hope you enjoyed your trip to Kings Dominion! I'm glad to hear that you could take advantage of our special promotion and that our staff was able to easily guide you around the local area. Thank you again and with summer just around the corner we hope to see you for another stay soon!

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night for a graduation I was attending at VCU.
Staff was extremely helpful, check in/out was a breeze.
The room was clean and to my surprise had a microwave & mini fridge (which was a huge plus).
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Gbaz13
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Gbaz13,

Thank you for reviewing our Fairfield Inn & Suites and I hope you enjoyed the graduation while you were in town. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your in-room amenities and had a great stay overall. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit to the Richmond area!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The hotel almost completed the renovations in the lobby. The rooms have recently been renovated and are really nice and comfortable. The front desk staff was very helpfull and kind. Breakfast was better than in most hotels. There was a variety of items (bagels, english muffins, cereals). There is free parking in front of the hotel.
Around the corner is a restaurant O'Charley. When staying at the hotel, you will get a 10% discount when you eat here.

Room Tip: The rooms with a lower number (e.g. 201/301) are very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank askok

Dear askok,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm glad that you found your guest room to be so nice and that our staff could take of your needs, as well as that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast so much. Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time you're in town!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel provided us with a comfortable stay while we were in Richmond for a wedding. Front desk staff were friendly, breakfasts had a good variety and new renovations made the hotel very up to date.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Liz M

Dear Liz M,

Thanks for your review and I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff helpful. I'm also glad you liked our refreshed look. Thank you again and we hope to see you for another stay soon!

Daly Seven, Inc

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest
#5 of 82 in Richmond
Hampton Inn Richmond-West
Hampton Inn Richmond-West
#1 of 23 in Glen Allen

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64? Share your experiences!