“Pleasant surprise and a great property!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
Ranked #31 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I had reservations at the Richmond Marriott for a weekend visit to Kings Dominion and changed to this property after finding out about the 5,000 point promotion for making two stays at a Fairfield Inn. I had no idea what to expect but was surprised right away. It started with the check-in, Randell was very helpful providing directions, insight about the local area (including sharing that showing your room card gives you a discount at the restaurant across the street).

The room had been recently renovated and had a computer desk with chair, mini-fridge and microwave, large flat-screen television, sitting chair, dresser and lots of closet space. The bathroom was well appointed with lots of extra towels.

Although not close to downtown Richmond, it is closed to lots of shopping and restaurants and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank gilbertgl
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear gilbertgl,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay and I hope you enjoyed your trip to Kings Dominion! I'm glad to hear that you could take advantage of our special promotion and that our staff was able to easily guide you around the local area. Thank you again and with summer just around the corner we hope to see you for another stay soon!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night for a graduation I was attending at VCU.
Staff was extremely helpful, check in/out was a breeze.
The room was clean and to my surprise had a microwave & mini fridge (which was a huge plus).
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Gbaz13
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Gbaz13,

Thank you for reviewing our Fairfield Inn & Suites and I hope you enjoyed the graduation while you were in town. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your in-room amenities and had a great stay overall. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit to the Richmond area!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The hotel almost completed the renovations in the lobby. The rooms have recently been renovated and are really nice and comfortable. The front desk staff was very helpfull and kind. Breakfast was better than in most hotels. There was a variety of items (bagels, english muffins, cereals). There is free parking in front of the hotel.
Around the corner is a restaurant O'Charley. When staying at the hotel, you will get a 10% discount when you eat here.

Room Tip: The rooms with a lower number (e.g. 201/301) are very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank askok

Dear askok,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm glad that you found your guest room to be so nice and that our staff could take of your needs, as well as that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast so much. Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time you're in town!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel provided us with a comfortable stay while we were in Richmond for a wedding. Front desk staff were friendly, breakfasts had a good variety and new renovations made the hotel very up to date.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Liz M

Dear Liz M,

Thanks for your review and I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff helpful. I'm also glad you liked our refreshed look. Thank you again and we hope to see you for another stay soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here as a stopover on a trip home to MA from GA. We checked in late at night and were greeted by a very pleasant lady. The room was very clean and comfortable. Though we weren't there long enough to use them, there were a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was fresh and tasty and there was a good selection. Breakfast area was very clean and the women tending it were very pleasant. I'm pretty picky about hotels, and I really don't like to stay in them unless I have to, so if I think a place is clean, it really is! I will definitely stay here again if I wind up in the vicinity.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynne4t
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Lynne4t,

Thank you for reviewing our Fairfield Inn & Suites. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and found our staff very friendly and helpful. We try to provide as clean a stay as possible so I'm delighted that we were able to meet your standards! Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you when you're in the Richmond area.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this Fairfield Inn a few weeks ago...helpful staff (gave a restaurant suggestion)...being remodeled right now (Jan '13)... I stay at Fairfield Inn's all across United States, and this one was up to standards…

• Stayed: January 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear sdmiller95,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear that your stay met your expectations and you experienced great service. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Richmond!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Usually when visiting Richmond, VA we stay at a much pricier hotel, but this time we realized we had points giving us a three day stay at no cost for Fairfield Inn. While not luxurious, Fairfield Inn & Suites was quite comfortable and very clean. Continental breakfast is avaible each morning with a few hot additions like waffles and an egg sandwich that needs to be heated. The pool is small, but perfectly adequate as is the fitness center. Another plus is an on site laudramat after ebing away from home for several days. Staff is friendly, helpful and cheery. Most important, we both had a very comfortable, restful sleep.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family