“Convenient location and good value”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
Ranked #30 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Columbus, OH
“Convenient location and good value”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights for a soccer tournament. This is a mid-range property, with scratchy towels and budget linens. The hotel was clean and comfortable, although there was an odor in our room that we couldn't get rid of (somewhat like a new carpet smell). Breakfast is included, but the breakfast area is very small and has poor traffic flow at peak times. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel on a brief two-day trip down to Richmond. I was very impressed. The hotel staff were friendly and went out of their way to meet my needs. The hotel is outside downtown Richmond but located in a great suburban area. Target, Wal-Mart, Whole Foods, Trader Joes and a wide variety of fast food spots are within 1.5 miles of the hotel.

Enjoyed my time and would stay again in a heartbeat on my next trip to Richmond.

• Stayed September 2012
mesfilles
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We arrived at this hotel very late en route from Philadelphia to the Outer Banks. It was very easy to find off the highway. The hotel lobby makes a nice impression upon arrival but there was no one at the front desk when we arrived. There were two ladies that had been waiting to check in for at least ten minutes (according to them) and we had to wait at least another five minutes for the front desk clerk to show up. He was very kind but at the late hour (around midnight) he was the sole employee and was fixing a television in a guests room, I believe. It made me a bit nervous to think that there was only one person working the front desk and taking care maintenance issues and possibly was the only source of security. The hotel was full so we did not get the type of bedding we reserved (two doubles beds for 1 adult and 3 kids), instead we got a queen with a double pull out sofa. That was fine but I normally do not like sofa beds in hotels. But my kids were so tired they fell right to sleep. The furnishings are very nice and bathroom were nice, clean and comfortable. The included morning breakfast was just average but hit the spot. The lady working the breakfast area was lovely and very very helpful. Overall a nice comfortable stopover hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed here one night en route to Shenandoah National Park. We arrived late at night, right at shift change. The staff were very professional and one of the staff stayed beyond her shift to help expedite the check-in process.

What was disappointing was the musty smell in the room. We thought it was because the air conditioner had been turned off, but even after running the air conditioner for 1 hour, it wouldn't clear the odor. The good news was that at least it wasn't smoke smell. Because it was after midnight, we opted to not change rooms (so it was partially our fault).

Breakfast is standard Fairfield Inn fare, and items were well stocked. All in all, not a terrible property, but since a fresh smelling room is an important criteria, we may pass on this property in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank adventuretravelernc
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Nothing stands out except the A/C in the room blew like the North Pole. Rooms were cramped and not comfortable. Very pricy for an average property that should be priced at 79.00 a night. Location is excellent. Asked for an extra blanket and was told at the front desk that they were out. Front desk staff was friendly and the housekeepers were miserable. Just rude !! I'll stay elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank GetMeOutOfMissouri
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The desk clerk was happy to assist and brought our extra cot to our room immediately.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Okay. Room could be cleaner and the supposed free wireless in the room does not seem to exist. Service was good and very accessible from the freeway.

• Stayed June 2012