“Comfortable stay, good value”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
Ranked #31 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Buffalo, New York
“Comfortable stay, good value”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Kudos: Service was very good; Room was well-appointed, clean and comfortable; Breakfast was satisfying; Manager's Wednesday evening reception was a nice touch. Issues: LodgeNet was converting TV service to HD and TVs could only pick up half of the channels (that was resolved on the day I left); Wireless service was marginal in my room and needs to be improved; Pool was under maintenance and closed. Based on the attentive service, I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
Olympia
Reviewed April 8, 2012 via mobile

Be prepared for the following: 1. the hot tub is empty and broken and has been for a while now. 2. The pool is less than 70degrees according to the thermometer. 3. The hotel manager does not care. 4. If you call and ask about the pool, they will probably lie to you and say it is working (at least that is what they did to us)

Other than that it is fine. Breakfast is great and even offers corn dogs and breakfast sandwiches. The front desk lady is pretty great.

Stayed April 2012
Virginia
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I spent spent two separate stays at this location. I found it an exceptional value for this end of Richmond - nice rooms, good service and a decent breakfast at very competitive rates. There is a good restaurant (Charley's) across the parking lot and several other good choices within a few blocks. The only minor issue I ran in to was my laptop couldn't pick up the wireless signal in the highest numbered rooms. Wen I brought to the attention of the front desk, I was promptly given another room.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank BungalowBill
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We stayed here to break up our drive home from our vacation in Myrtle Beach, and to take the kids to nearby Kings Dominion. We arrived at 3am, pretty beat from the long drive. Check in was quick and clerk at the desk was very friendly. We got to our room with our kids and noticed a musty smell, but given that the kids were half asleep and the hour of the night, we got them right into bed and settled in. However a few mins later, I walked over to adjust the air conditioning and came upon the source of the mustiness - the carpet near the AC was drenched!! But since it was 3am and my kids were back asleep already I wasn't exactly in the mood or position to switch rooms. I did however, go down to the front desk to check on the pack & play we had requested for our infant son and notified the clerk that the floor was drenched, likely from an AC leak I told him that under normal circumstances I'd ask for a new room but given that we were probably going to be in the room for under 10 hours and the hour of the night, I just wanted to alert him so they could have it addressed, ensure it wasn't leaking to floor below (and fix the problem that was causing it too). He apologized multiple times, was very friendly, and offered a discount on the room that he said would be applied at check out. I was pleased when I woke up to find the bill under our door, with a 40% discount on the room (I was expecting much less but found this to be a quite generous, perhaps due to my loyalty to Marriott.) So it ended up as a very inexpensive stop over for us. Breakfast area was sizeable and typical Fairfield selections were available. There is a business center in the lobby which was nice, because I needed to print our Kings Dominion tix that I bought online. Parking lot is fairly large but there is a Holiday Inn Express adjacent so the spaces fill quick, but there are plenty of spaces for everyone. The location was okay. I went a little out of my way for the Marriott choice at the price, rather than staying closer to I-95 for a much higher rate per night. I'm sure during the weekdays, the hotels are more full because of the nearby business parks. Overall, the hotel served its purpose. I was disappointed with situation with the water and wet carpet, but happy that the staff addressed it promptly and for price I paid, I cannot complain one bit. If you are looking for a clean room, free breakfast, and a Marriott experience, you'll be just fine staying here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sannicandrob
fairfield county, ct
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We were very happy at this hotel - we were stopping over during our long drive from CT to FL. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. Standard Fairfield Inn breakfast, but they were very attentive to keeping it very well stocked and clean. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Virginia, I think?
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Pretty much the standard Fairfield Inn like most that I have stayed in. The hotel was in good shape, parking is easy, and the night time desk clerk was friendly and accommodating. We asked for a roll-away bed which was delivered within a few minutes. Unfortunately, the roll-away bed was missing several springs, but we removed the mattress and placed it on the floor for my daughter to sleep on.

Breakfast was standard continental fare and like most Fairfield Inns, also had a waffle maker. This would have been a big hit with the girls except that the hostess will not put out more than one cup of batter at a time.

Overall, I would stay here again but I believe that the hotel manager needs to have a closer eye on the details.

• Stayed December 2011
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Great value! We paid $79 on Hotels.com. Newly remodeled, looks like brand new. Very good selection of foods in continenal breakfast. Wonderful service from everyone. Located right beside O'Charley's restaurant and a eat-in & drive-thru Starbucks, as well as a very nice car wash. Can't beat that. Very close to tons of shopping and other restaurants.

• Stayed October 2011