“GREAT STAY ON TRIP BACK TO NYC” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64
Ranked #28 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
New York City, New York
“GREAT STAY ON TRIP BACK TO NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

We travelled from South Carolina to NYC and required a stay at a midway point, Richmond, VA. I found this hotel on trip advisor and, at first, decided against it because of some of the reviews about Breakfast (people complained it was inadequate). Small things like breakfast, a pool, and adjoining rooms were important to me because we needed a comfy break for my small children after 10 hours of driving, and I thought it would be easier to have breakfast there than finding a McDonalds. After calling a Marriot in the area, and being told that breakfast was provided for an additional fee of $20, I decided to book two rooms at Fairfield Inn, figuring we would deal with the limited cold menu as long as the rooms were adjoining and the place had a pool. When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was spacious and clean. It had an elevator, which helped with tired children and all of our bags. The assistant manager there was great. Because of a mistake on his part reserving my king room which was to adjoin a double room, he gave me two adjoining suites! These were huge rooms, with a living room, micro, refrigerator, two flat screens in each suite, and a king in one and double beds in the other. And I received the original quoted price of $79 for each room, a bargain when we saw how great the rooms were. The pool was a good place for the kids to relax, even though it was small. But the best part was the wonderful, plentiful breakfast in the morning. This was not simply a continental breakfast with bagels and coffee. Fruit, fruit cups, yogurt, various cereals, bagels, coffee, different juices, bread, danish, muffins, bacon,egg& cheese sandwiches and made to order waffles were some of the choices. The food was fresh, the place was clean and constantly being cleaned and food refreshed. The staff was friendly. It was more than I expected, and worth it considering it was included in the price. The hotel also had free wifi, a business center for printing, and a small excercise room. If I had known how nice it was, I would have reserved another day! We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lmarquez3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

Marriott always does such a nice job with their properties. We stayed at this brand for the first time and, as usual, we got what we expected from Marriott. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2011
northern virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

This Fairfield Inn was not as nice as I had expected, with a tiny pool and some dirty elements. But my big problem was the overwhelming air freshener smell in my room, so strong it gave me a headache. The front desk said that all the rooms are like that, and that I should open the window (they open 4 inches) and leave my door open for cross ventilation! I wasn't willing to do that! I will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Canterbury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

Good hotel good room plenty of space value for money good, breakfast Un-imaginative.
Again no milk in room for coffee only creamer
Small indoor pool, with heated jacuzzi

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

Stayed here for 1 night and the hotel looked nice from outside, was quiet when we checked in so got into pool and jacuzzi doenstairs, very enjoyable. Only complaint was as hotel was quiet we didnt get upgraded to a suite as we were on our honeymoon. just a comment as i rate this hotel very good - that would have gotten them an exceptional review.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
South of Boston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2011

In my previous reviews, I tend to give high grades. This one is frustrating to me, because we have stayed here before. First, the good news:
1. The hotel is very clean.
2. It resides a little off the beaten track if using I95, but not too bad.
3. It's next to a fun casual restaurant, Charlie O's
4. I haven't has breakfast, yet, but last year it was fine.

Here it comes....it's 2:15 am, and I have companied to the front desk three times tonight about teens from a sports team that have been making so much noise (yelling, knocking on doors, talking and congregating in the hallway) that we can't sleep.

After writing a letter to Marriott, I wanted to let my fellow Tripadvisor members know. It's always a gamble about how other guests will act in a hotel, but a good hotel should proactively work to quelling any noise. I don't feel that this was the case here. The hotel was full, so we couldn't move to another room. Unfortunately, managament's inability to reduce the noise in the hallways has soured me. The kids weren't being malicious, but the lack of response from both the chaperones and the management got to me. It's not a good way to start a two week vacation.

• Stayed April 2011
5 Thank jfs0529
Albany NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

No big complaints. We checked in very late after a 12 hour road trip. The staff were fine. There was coffee and tea available. No juice except in the morning. If we had been traveling with kids this may have been a issue. No place to purchase something to eat or drink.

Have not stayed in Fairfield Inns recently so maybe this is PAR for the course but the breakfast had nothing hot except for some not too appetizing microwavable things, room was nice with large TV but a bit small.

Usually stay at other Marriott brands. Will probably not stay there again. Would recommend if other options not available but OK if budget is an issue.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple