“Fantastic food and service!! Love this new cuisine!”
Review of Alcove Restaurant - CLOSED

Alcove Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Alcove founded with one dream - to serve delicious Indian food in a modern, quick-casual setting, Alcove offers fast and fresh Indian cuisine at affordable prices. The food is flavorful yet mild and designed to be lighter and healthier. We like this to be as one of "Healthy Fast and FLAVORFUL food" options available in downtown Richmond, VA.
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for an amazing Indian meal!! I stopped in walking through the main st downtown area and I am so happy that I did. From the moment I walked in I was greeted with a sincere welcoming smile and seated to be served. My waitress (Melanie) was extremely helpful in assisting me in my meal choice and service was prompt! My experience in an Indian Cuisine has been enlightened by this place, (really got my digestive tract moving too ) I really loved the atmosphere, very elegant place and comfortable environment. The restaurant was very well maintained and tidy. Did not have to wait very long and the staff are all very welcoming! Will most certainly be going back and encourage anyone who wants a fine dining experience and courteous smiles to head over!

1  Thank A S

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

A friend and I went there for an early dinner and I won't go there again. We were THE only ones there, so you would think things would be clean. All of the tables were dirty...then I made the mistake of looking under the table...food all over the place. So I thought maybe someone was seated there before us. Nope. They were all dirty. I asked what kind of cocktails did they serve and no one knew...I mean 3 people came and asked what I wanted to drink but there wasn't anyone there that could serve concoct one. Then since it was so slow the owner or manager thought it was OK to plop down a few table from us with his laptop and hangout on his computer while everyone else was texting. The food wasn't very good at all. Then to add insult to injury...we had to get up and ask for our own check because everyone else was in the back except for the guy on the laptop and he went in the back and got them to bring our check out. Poor...very poor. Maybe the laptop guy should have been cleaning the tables or grabbing a broom.