“Concerts and Richmond Forum”
Review of Altria Theater

Altria Theater
Ranked #26 of 176 things to do in Richmond
More attraction details
Owner description: Altria Theater is a venue of Richmond CenterStage, Richmond's premier performing arts center. It's the largest theater venue between New York City and Atlanta, seating over 3,600 patrons.
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The facilities are wonderful. Renovations are needed in some areas but the offerings of concerts and speakers is excellent. Bob Dylan, Lewis Black, and Anthony Bourdain recently. All great shows,

There are newer reviews for Altria Theater

Reviewed June 1, 2013

An historical theater with beautiful mosaic tile work. Someone who appreciates older buildings will enjoy this venue. It does require climbing steps (no elevators) and the bathrooms are not plentiful.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I've seen several plays for adults and children in this theater. It is truly a historic landmark. My only complaint would be the parking, I am not from the city area and I challenge when it comes to find parking in the city. But once you do the "Landmark Theater" provides you with all that you need.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've seen a few shows there and have loved it every time. Last show was Bob Dylan and I had great seats. Historical and the Islamic tile work and art on the ceiling is awesome. It's currently under renovation on the outside.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is an absolutely stunning historical theater. Lovingly renovated and just breathtaking. We saw a musical here and sat clear up in the balcony. Even so, we had a clear view (the heads of people in front of us were not in the way, even though I am quite short) and could hear everything clearly. I also love it when you can peek into the orchestra pit.

Our only quibble is that the seats must have been built when people were shorter. My husband is tall and had trouble fitting into the row without his knees having to go sideways out into the aisle. Other men near us had the same complaint.

1  Thank BlueHorizon7