“Good Late Night Diner”

Dining options: Late Night
Summerville, South Carolina
“Good Late Night Diner”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Galaxy Diner was a pretty interesting place. It was your typical late night diner on Cary Street in Richmond. I went on a Saturday night, and though there were a lot of people out and about, this particular place wasn't too crowded. I met a friend there I had seen in years, so it was good to catch up. Of course we had to talk somewhat loud to hear each other. We were seated beside the bar, which is pretty much right beside the kitchen that is fairly open. I only had chips and salsa and Yuengling, but it was good. The atmosphere was dark, but not terrible. Our server was good and attentive, which is alway a plus. I'll probably go back at some point.

• Visited July 2013

New York City, New York
“Great Food & Drinks. Decent price.”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

1st, let me say that the Carytown experience alone is well worth the visit. as for the Diner, we went in one night around 12:30am. as we perused the menu we noticed a very nice and different array of items :) When I saw " Shepherds Pie " I almost dropped! Still that night we went with a great Nacho Supreme platter along with Chicken Fingers & Fries platter. The fries are some of the best I've had in a very long time. and that's saying a lot seeing I'm not a big fries lover. We topped off the night with a Long Isle Ice Tea ;0 The Burgers are great too! All in all, we had a wonderful time. also, they are one of very few places that stay open late in the Richmond area. Definitely would recommend. One very slight drawback was the overall size of the establishment. even though I will say, it did not detract from the experience. Go and enjoy. We did!!!

• Visited October 2012
Gainesville, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Casual place to et”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Good place to go if alone or with friends. Menu has a lot to choose from. Friendly and helpful staff.

Visited April 2013
Eustis, Florida
“Funky Atmosphere, ok food”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Visiting family in the area and they took me here for dinner. The atmosphere is fantastically funky! A really diverse crowd of people, and the place is decorated with lots of classic outer space movies, so it's got a really funky vibe! Menu looks good, typical diner food and some very interesting choices. ( Cardiac Arrest Burger, Nuclear Waste dog, Fried Oreos ala mode) Had the BBQ burger, would've been better if the bun wasn't a little stale, fries were just ok, but the fried apples were fantastic!!!!!! The staff was very friendly, service was prompt and food arrived quickly.
I understand it's a bit of a local institution, so would give it another try if I'm in the area again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank gpisces
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice staff, fast service, OK food.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I wasn't that impressed with the food here- The staff was nice, and the food was O.K., but not great like some of the reviews led me to believe. It was typical diner food, greasy and a little bland. I won't be going back.

• Visited April 2013