“Good food”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
virginia
“Good food”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Service was great..very pleasant. There is outdoor seating which added to the pleasant experience. Food was hot and well prepared. The Crab Fried Rice dish could have had more crab in it for actual taste instead of the rare chunk or piece.

• Visited August 2013

Dayton, MD
“A Dependable Meal”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Yes, it is a chain. Yet, like The Bonefish Grill, wherever I go the food and service is overall consistently good. Service at this P.F. Chang's location was exceptional. Server was efficient and friendly.(Later left my credit card at the table and he came to the parking lot to return it!) Party of eight (2 children) for a late Sunday birthday lunch. Ordered lettuce wraps (table favorite), spicy chicken, sezuan shrimp, egg drop soup, and calamari. All very good. A pleasant birthday event.

• Visited September 2013
Providence Forge, Virginia
“Terrible Service, Lousy Food”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I experienced our worst P.F. Chang meal ever at the Stony Point Parkway location in Richmond. OK, we did show up at the dinner hour (after 6 p.m.) and we had our choice of waiting over an hour for a table or find two seats at the bar; we chose the bar. We were waited on immediately by the server/ bartender/ buss boy/ glass dishwasher operator and puter-awayer. He did take our order in the middle of doing all the above and punched in our choices to the kitchen (we had the Prix Fixe for two for ~$35+). The place was crowded inside and outside so the staff was slammed... but that's their problem on a 4th of July weekend, not mine! The Crab Wontons arrived after ~ 10 minutes; they were OK but lacked any observable crab in the creamy mix that filled a microscopically small pocket of the wonton. Bad start... We wanted Wonton Soup, so there was a $3 upcharge to go from what was on the menu to a bowl for us both. That arrived before we were even done with our 3-apice appy. Terrible timing... The soup was the best part of the entire meal. Savory broth, several large wontons, greens, mushrooms, and a few miniscule pieces of shrimp floated in the oversized bowl. Wonderful taste... After the soup we waited... and waited... and waited (10 - 15 minutes) for our Almond/ Cashew Chicken x2. We had to ask our multitasking bar guy for assistance in making sure our order had materialized somewhere in the kitchen. He continually assured us it had and it would be "just a couple of minutes more". When the chicken arrived (with the wrong type of rice, by the way), it had absolutely NO TASTE whatsoever. We had to add soy sauce AND hot pepper sauce to get our tastebuds awake! We took half home. And then it was time for the dessert-to-share. So we waited, and waited, and waited some more (10 - 15 minutes) until the Chocolate Peanutbutter cake arrived that was so dry, we had to wash it down with our water that had not been topped off. I'm sure that if we had ordered alcoholic beverages with our meal, our server would have been all over us to have them refilled. Since this restaurant is nearly an hour from our home and , depending upon our route requires tolls to be paid, we will NOT return to this place again.

• Visited July 2013
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Now I get what all the hype is about.”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I am usually anti-corporate. However, P.F. Chang's may have changed my mind. This is Americanized Chinese food but WHO CARES...it was DELICOUS. The Lettuce Wraps were fantastic. The Crab WonTons equally delish. I went with two friends and we split an order of Mongolian Beef (WOW) and Pork Fried Rice. The only things we didn't love were the Sweet and Sour soup and the Egg Drop soup. Everything else was lip-smackin' good. Call ahead for reservations.

• Visited June 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Shockingly Bad Customer Service”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have been to P. F. Chang's many times with my husband and a small group of girlfriends and liked it. I generally like the food and atmosphere. Last Saturday, my husband was graduating after 4 years of hard work and receiving his master's degree, and he requested that we do a family dinner to celebrate at P. F. Chang's. So, I about three weeks ago, I made a reservation for 5 people at 6:00 (one child), no problem. A few days later, I found out that my brother and his family were going to be able to come into town that weekend, so I called to increase the reservation to 9 people (3 of whom are children, and one of them is an 18 month-old in a high chair). P. F. Chang's told me that they consider any group over 5 people to be a "large party" and that they can only take one "large party" every 30 minutes. They apparently already had a "large party" booked for every time slot that night except for 4:30. Well, I'm sorry, but we did not want to eat dinner at 4:30 in the afternoon! The manager said that she could make a separate reservation for my brother's family of four, but we might not be able to sit near them! This is a family graduation dinner celebration! I have never heard something like this from a restaurant before. It's not like I was trying to increase our reservation by 20 people. I was trying to add 4 people (2 of whom are small children) to an existing reservation of 5 people, for a total of 9 (six adults, 3 children). If they were willing to make a separate reservation for my brother's family of 4, that tells me that the kitchen could handle the 4 extra people, and they were not fully "booked," but that they basically were unwilling to push two table together. Needless to say, we went somewhere else. P. F. Chang's, your food is fine, but it's not good enough to treat your customers like this. I can get lettuce wraps elsewhere. You've lost a customer (actually, 9 customers).

• Visited May 2013

Been to P.F. Chang's? Share your experiences!