“Fun atmosphere, easy walk from Maury Place B&B”
Review of Caliente - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Caliente
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Sheppard St.
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Food wasn't super spicy, but was plentiful and good. I didn't come close to finishing my Poblano Pasta. Hubs really liked his Andouille sausage sub and the garlic fries. Service was helpful and friendly. We would go back.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We went to this place thinking we was gonna get some nice spicy food to eat. Well this is not the place. The jerk chicken was very dry the food just taste like they poured the seasoning bottle over the food. If i wanted a spice bottle i buy it instead of going here for 30.00. This was a waste of time and money. Wont be going back.

Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I saw this restaraunt on man vs food and decided since we were going to Richmond, we would try it! Big mistake! $20.00 for a pitcher of beer that tasted horrid!!! Food was not good at all. Our ticket was $66.00, we get more food, better food, better service from the cheesecake factory. I was so upset that I ate here! My husband got the jambalaya and it tasted just like salty tomato soup! Ewwwww.. I got the coconut chicken which was dripping of grease, disgusting! I know its fried but let the grease drain, the rice was old and plain tasting that came with the chicken! Maybe ill just watch man vs food instead of trying for myself from now on!

1  Thank bailey h
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We went on a Saturday evening with three adults, one teen and a nine year old. The place is a corner restaurant that has street parking, and the feeling of old Richmond that I recall from restaurants of decades ago in the fan. Small, not fancy, and more bar-like than restaurant-like.
The nine year old was not impressed with the ambiance, but the teen was. We ordered a seasoned fries appetizer which came with two dipping sauces. (Excellent choice) All the food was served in a timely manner, it was hot, and the service was quite good. Our waitress was very accomodating. Shrimp and grits were good, portobello burger had to be divided up and eaten with a fork, the mussells were pronounced "delicious". Better food than you would expect from a neighborhood bar. Eclectic menu. Even the kid's meal won over the nine year old.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I went for dinner.Ha! We had fried Oysters good but you get 4, yes 4 Oysters for $10.00. My husband had the shrimp and grits. They were good but again small and not enough shrimp I think there were 5 shrimp and it wasn't like they were collossal shrimp. The greens were delicious. I had the jerk chicken Quesadilla was ok. The drinks were good but expensive. We paid $9.00 for a Long Island Ice Tea:( I would giv more stars if they gave you more food and the drinks were cheaper. Prices too high for what you get.