“I Plan to Go Back Soon”

Brookside Grille & Bar
Ranked #895 of 1,602 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Coastal Comfort Food in a facility that has the capabilities to host large parties and still serve family or romantic dinners. Live music Tuesdays, Friday & Saturday in our Club Level Lounge.
Richmond, Virginia
“I Plan to Go Back Soon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

This restaurant is worth a drive. My wife and I went recently for lunch. I had the soup sampler - 3 small bu adequate bowls of Chili, Shrimp bisque (soup of the day) and Cream of Crab soup. Delicious. I can't imagine a better tasting meal for $6. The Chili was full of meat, beans, and tomatoes, not thick like many Chili's. The bisque was good (not a real shrimp fan) but the crab soup was excellent with lots of crab. My wife's meal was even better - blackened prime rib sandwich and sweet potato fries. The prime rib was perfect, with the spices enhancing but not overpowering the meat taste. The fries were he best we ever had - slightly crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, with each bite revealing a marvelous taste. I had Coke and my wife had coffee and the bill was $21. they have 5 draft beers on tap and a small bar. Located in the former Lucille's space. Try it out for yourself.

• Visited November 2013