“Rather eat in a high school cafeteria”
Review of En Su Boca

En Su Boca
Ranked #191 of 1,623 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Located in Richmond, En Su Boca is an exciting new taqueria offering fresh Mexican cuisine, delicious cocktails and fun for all! We offer some of Richmond's best Cali-style Mexican cuisine including favorites like our southern fried fish tacos, fresh guacamole, and our carne asada burrito. Yum!
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Cool hip décor. Too bad it was the worst meal I have had any Mexican, tex-mex, or neuvo-mex restaurant ever. I am a big fan of all the variants of Mexican food. This is not any of them. It was not even good bar food. I ordered an $11 burrito without giving much thought to it. When it came out it looked more like a wrap since it had nothing on it. It was large. As I tried to saw into it with the thinnest utensils I have ever seen, I realized the size was the result of an huge flour tortilla rather than the contents. The contents where dry and bland. What I tasted more than anything else was the flour tortilla that seemed to come directly out of the bag. I looked around and saw at least a half dozen people struggling with their thin knives trying to cut through the many folds of there cold tortilla.
Next time I have the urge, I will get my cold tortilla out of the fridge and save my $11.

Harry R, Owner at En Su Boca, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2015

This is definitely not what we like to hear, and I'm sorry you had this experience! We've never heard this feedback about our burrito before, so I'll definitely be looking into this to ensure that all of our food is being prepared and served up as delicious as possible! Thanks for the feedback, and I truly hope we get a second chance to impress you with our food in the future!

All the best,
Randy O

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This really looked like it would be good. But the tacos had no flavor whatsoever. Who ever heard of chorizo which tastes like ground beef? Or carnitas which were essentially pulled pork with no flavorings at all? What a huge disappointment. All looks and no substance.

Harry R, Owner at En Su Boca, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2015

This is disappointing to hear! I'm sorry that you weren't satisfied with your meal. I don't hear feedback like this often, but I'll keep it in mind as we go forward and make absolutely sure that all of our meals are being prepared and served up to standard. I hope we get a second chance to impress you in the future.

All the best,
Randy O

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is the most un-traditional Mexican restaurant I have ever visited. The noise was overwhelming and the tables jammed together. The menu is spare, my server was cold and acted like she was doing us a favor by taking our order. I did not recognize the taste of the ground chorizo.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

super cute waitresses, boys that can make killer drinks, and amazing patio and cali style tacos. makes a cali native like myself feel like i am home again.

1  Thank Kristi T
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

This place has phenomenal, authentic Latin cuisine at great prices -- and do not come unless you are hungry! Great service (Rachel is fantastic but it was clear all the waitstaff hustled) and remarkable conversion from the seedy haunts that previously occupied this spot. Made me wonder if the name was a tongue-in-cheek reference to that old venue, but once there, it was all about the food and the service. Only mins is that the place sits astride a main city thoroughfare and the noise from fire trucks, ambulances, and all the cars is a minor annoyance but its a small price to pay for he great eats you'll discover here. My (Latina) bride said her burrito was the best she'd ever had at it was ginormous. My four tacos (fish, carnitas, carne asada and shredded chicken ere fabulous. Cold beer and great sangria. This place is a do not miss kind of place.

2  Thank duffpilot