“Stupid good.”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Stupid good.”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Low key and chill. Don't except a fuss except about the food. It is simple and delicious. Its nestled in the old 821 cafe's tiny bones, so be aware you'll probably have to wait and you'll be close to strangers. Worth it... Cause the food is stupid good.

2 Thank Dejessness

Arlington, Virginia
“A MUST in downtown”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This is probably one of the best restaurants I have visited. Clean, elegant (but quirky), and some very well executed cuisine. The place is small, so make sure you have a reservation. Try the chopped liver (don't doubt me, just get it!), the homemade meatballs, and the squid ink pasta dish. You can't lose at Dinamo. My wife and I have had a go at most of the menu selections, and have been nothing but pleased. If the owner is there, she will treat you like family. Honestly,a 5 star restaurant in 3 star clothing. A true gem, and HIGHLY recommended.

• Visited April 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Tiny but Packed with Flavor!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This coffee-shop turned full-service restaurant is excellent. It only has a handful of tables so be sure to make a reservation. If you are looking for fresh, homemade pastas and pizzas, this is the place! I was not the biggest fan of the matzoh ball soup but then again, it may have been because it seemed a bit out of place on the menu and I had never tried it before. The rest of the meal was awesome though. We shared the red sauce pizza with mushrooms and anchovies and the black squid ink seafood pasta. Keep in mind that the anchovies are served minced on the pizza rather than whole making the flavor even stronger. We really enjoyed it though. The black squid ink seafood pasta was phenomenal. The pasta tasted so fresh, the seafood was cooked just right, and the red sauce was seasoned perfectly. I would go back to Dinamo just for this dish. I heard they also make gelato in house but we did not have any room at the end of our meal. I guess this just gives us yet another reason to go back!

Visited March 2014
“Always A Crowd Pleaser”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We took friends to Dinamo (again) and, not surprisingly, it was a hit. Start with a white pizza with mushrooms and sausage and you can't go wrong. These are the thinnest, crispiest pizzas ever. EVER. The rockfish is sublime. If you haven't been yet, you should make a point to go.

• Visited June 2014
“Consistently Delicious”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is one of my top 3 places to go in Richmond as I have never had a bad meal or dish here. Friendly staff, fresh ingredients, seasonal menus, good cheap wine and lots of garlic! My favorite dishes here are the white pizza (with whatever is in season on top - ramps, olives), the maitake mushrooms (when in season), any of their flatbreads with salads, the rockfish and the eggplant pasta. But really, you can't go wrong with anything you order here. If you like coffee be sure to order the affogato for dessert. You'll be glad you did!

• Visited May 2014