“A Great Addition to Richmond”
Review of Sugar Shack Donuts

Sugar Shack Donuts
Ranked #4 of 21 Bakeries in Richmond
Richmond, Virginia
“A Great Addition to Richmond”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I just heard on the news the other day that Richmond VA has the second most number of restaurants per capita in the US. I believe it, as they are everywhere and many are not chains, but locally owned. So its no surprise to see this cool little donut shop open across from the Maggie Walker Governor's School on Lombardy Street. The donuts here are great. An example that I tried is Caramel Glaze with Seat Salt (is that trendy enough?). The donuts are made right in the back. These donuts are more substantial than Krispy Kreme, but not as doughy as County Style Donuts (a Richmond institution). Also available are coffee and sodas such as Boylans. This is strictly take out as there is no place to sit inside or out. Parking is available but limited. They are open from 6 or 6:30 am till 9:00 (Richmond not being a late-night city).

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mark K

“Holy grail”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I'm pretty sure we found the Holy Grail, and this is it. whatever you do, don't miss the maple bacon donut. it's truly amazing. we went there with grandparents and young kids and it was awesome for everyone

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank laurapainter2
richmond virginia
“City donuts that are the best”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This place some of the best donuts I have ever had...check out the maple iced ones they are something else...different donuts available all day long so there is always a surprise when you stop by....this is the best thing to happen to the city in a long time

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank lauthehut
DC
“Worth the drive from DC!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I love donuts. I consider every trip an opportunity to seek out good local places for my favorite sweet. But I haven't often taken a trip just to eat donuts. Last weekend I did and it was worth every minute in the car. Sugar Shack is a new Richmond donut shop that is quickly becoming a local fave and now I know why. The donuts are delicious! They are the proper combination of doughy goodness with flavored toppings that merge into a joyful blend of gooey deliciousness. If you love donuts...try these!

• Visited July 2013
Richmond, VA
“Amazing Donuts!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Sugar Shack is filling the void that was left by Rainbow Donuts closing 3+ years ago. Great variety, which changes throughout the day. I had a donut with raspberry glaze which was probably one of the best donuts I have ever had (and I am a fan of Countryside and Dixie). The owner is very friendly. Haven't tried the milkshakes yet, but I will definitely go back oftern.

• Visited June 2013