“Good food. Huge rolls!”

Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Richmond, Virginia
“Good food. Huge rolls!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We took a recommendation and were pleasantly surprised. It's hard to get to if you're heading in the wrong direction, but worth the trouble. Food was excellent! We tries three different rolls and all were great. Be warned though the rolls are enormous!! One if the rolls wasn't on the menu. Think it was called a hapido roll. Highly recommend!!

Richmond, Virginia
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Well it's not really hidden... it's road front, but because it's not in the popular area I think it goes unnoticed. Very fresh and tasty sushi and very friendly service. Will be coming back.

• Visited September 2013
Powhatan, Virginia
“Affordable and good”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We use Groupon and Living social to try restaurants out quite often. We need to use this one before the 27th of Aug so we went for lunch. Always a LITTLE leery of a sushi place since it is a little out of our element although we do enjoy the food most times. The service was good but to be honest we were only the second people in the place for lunch. Menu is extensive enough to have a variety yet not so big to be overwhelming. We got a Lunch plate that was a combo and shared it and a three roll order. It was great and the sauces that came with the combo were like nothing I had gotten anywhere else.
Have I had better sushi? Yes. However I wouldn't pass this restaurant up, it is affordable and still right up there with quality.

• Visited August 2013
Virginia
“Excellent food and service keeps us coming back”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Richmond, Virginia does not have a great selection of Asian restaurants. Hiro Sushi is a fairly new restaurant in North Chesterfield that has great food and service. The food does not disappoint. The Bento boxed dinners come with soup and salad and lots of food. We like to get 2 dishes and share. Tempura is crisp, not greasy and great flavor.
Glad they are located near to my home.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank mona d
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“hiro sushi”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The sushi is wonderful, the prices are very competitive, but it's the service that will keep you going back. We went with our 2-year old son for dinner. He was well-behaved but accidentally knocked a picture off the wall. There was no damage and he wasn't hurt, but the staff doted on him and even gave us a free dessert. They also offered a free appetizer earlier in the meal, which I presume was part of their opening week efforts to get the word out. It worked!

The food is both beautiful and tasty. The ingredients are fresh and immaculately prepared. I had a specialty roll and two more traditional rolls. The descriptions in the menu are accurate, but still leave a little surprise when your food is delivered to your table. My specialty roll was good, but I was truly impressed with how flavorful the regular rolls were. I had a mango avocado roll and an eel roll. The eel was succulent and sweet, and the mango was perfectly tangy when paired with the avocado. They put a lot of love and care into each dish and it shows. The presentation is particularly eye-pleasing.

The staff are incredibly friendly. We were welcomed immediately, frequently but not intrusively attended, and I never saw the bottom of my glass. They took great pride in our praise of the food, as well they should. Additionally, they gave us $10 off, just for being there. I truly hope they stay in business a long time, but if they keep giving away appetizers, desserts, and discounts, it could be a challenge. Regardless, they're our new favorite sushi bar. Go and check them out as soon as you can.

Was this review …?