“Something for Everyone”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've driven past this place dozens of times, but the outdated building never lured me into checking it out. Finally, my boyfriend and I decided to try something new and wandered in about 7 pm on a Friday night. There were a couple of large groups of people, old and young. There were some people there solo, as well as families with kids. It's a down home kind of place that most ordinary middle class people would feel comfortable in.

It's not a swanky steak house, nor are the prices pretentious. The decor is circa 1981. The menu is giant and some dishes repeat themselves under different categories (pasta, specialties, weekly specials). There are a LOT of combinations. And there are new additions to the menu posted on the walls. So whether you want a steak sub, baked spaghetti, seafood or prime rib, you will find what you're looking for.

The server was very friendly and patient as we read the large menu. I was overwhelmed by all the options and variations so opted instead to go with the server's recommendation. She suggested the steak sub or spaghetti (they make thier own sauce, she said, and stressed that the steak sub was made from freshly sliced steak--not steak-ums!).

I went with the Spaghetti with meatballs and pepperoni. It was so good I wanted to eat it all but the servings were so large I took more than half home. My beau had prime rib and it was cooked to perfection, ample in quantity and served promptly.

For dessert he had chocolate cake--AMAZING. I had the rice pudding...pretty tasty too.
The check was very reasonable and we have this on our list of regular Friday Night places.

Anthony and George's is easily overlooked, but worth a visit. It's a homey, low key place with something for everyone and pleasant service.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stopped in last Thursday for dinner and ordered the ribeye steak with fries and a tossed salad. The meal was absolutely delicious. It was the BEST STEAK we've ever eaten, even at the finest steakhouses. Service was efficient and environment was clean and welcoming. I highly recommend Anthony & George's Steakhouse next time you're in the area or traveling through. Also, prices are very reasonable on your wallet.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went there because we're taking a train trip in a couple of weeks. Their service is nice and friendly but the food is okay. We went with another couple and they enjoyed their choice but my husband and I weren't impressed. We will chose another restaurant when we return for the actual trip.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I go there for breakfast on the weekend. Service is quick, coffee's good and I usually get the omelette. Fast, delicious and inexpensive. Also i like for lunch the steak n cheese,bbq sandwich and greek burger.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Next to Amtrak station, can walk to. Had steak sandwich, not bad. Quick friendly service.