“There is something about this place!”

Bernie's Sub & Pizza Shop
Ranked #433 of 1,648 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I stopped in here with our grandkids one afternoon. My husband and I each ordered an Italian sub and ordered a small pizza for the little ones. It did take a little while to get our food, but while waiting for it to arrive, the manager, Susan came over and introduced herself and chatted with the boys for a few minutes. What a sweetie pie! A few minutes later she came back to our table with the pizza and much to my delight had cut the pizza into nice small pieces for the grandkids. Small thing, but very thoughtful! Our subs were delicious and the hot pepper relish that they use is the bomb! The only negative comment I could make is that the dining room area could use a good cleaning, but I will not let that stop me from going back! Yum!

1  Thank Marcy M

Reviewed September 5, 2008

The subs are a Richmond favorite but it shouldn't take over a half hour to make one. I'd go more often if it wasn't for the long wait.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 4, 2008

Always worth a little wait, the best greasy sub in the west end.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook