“good place for a quick lunch”
Review of Becky's B&L - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Becky's B&L
Reviewed March 5, 2009

I really like the ruben, good service. I love the Karaoka on Thursday nights. I belive it is now on Friday's

Reviewed December 31, 2008

We visited Richmond for New Years. Becky's was highly recommended as a Richmond favorite. We were pleasantly surprised. The Breakfast was excellent. Everything was homemade. A must try if you are in the Richmond, VA area.

Reviewed August 6, 2008

A pack of cheese crackers from a vending machine is a better way to spend your time & money.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 22, 2008

Surprisingly good breakfast, friendly staff.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 31, 2008

We had a 2 year old with us & her parents (our out of town guests) would only let her eat the ketchup...it was that bad.

Collard greens came to us refrigerator-cold with pieces of paper bag in them (I'm not making this up).

I order the fried "flounder" and got some triangular flat piece of "fish" that was seriously 3 steps down from what I'd expect on a McDonald's McFish sandwich.

A friend ordered hot beef & mashed potatoes. The potatoes were literally a bowl of water with potato flakes in it...they tasted more like water than anything else. As that was the last plate to get to our table, we never even attempted to taste the beef, but I've seen nicer looking things come out of my dog.

Service was terrible, we waited over an hour for food we couldn't even eat, and we wasted about $40...only to leave & buy lunch somewhere else!

The funny thing was that my wife had heard such great things, that this was the diner of choice for the visiting state legislature and stuff...there is no way possible that this is the same restaurant they were talking about. Maybe it was sold or someone died or something, but I don't see how they could stay in business.

I am not a complainer & this is my first restaurant review. This was also my first call to the health inspector. I would not wish the stomach problems I had after that meal on my worst enemy & I urge all of you strangers to NEVER EAT AT BECKY'S!!!!