“Not as good as it used to be...”

The Grapevine Greek & Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grapevine Greek & Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 1,619 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cox Road
Transit: N/A
Description: Indulge yourself with our authentic Greek entrees, homemade Italian dishes, and Mary's incredible desserts. We know you will absolutely love our homemade moussaka, gyro platter, spanakopita, and fresh hummus. Or try our tasty eggplant parmigiana, stuffed shells, pizza, or chicken marsala! We also have an extensive wine list, including specialty & house wines. You'll want to save room for Mary's famous cannolis, baklava, or the incredible belgian mousse cake, layers of rich chocolate and chocolate fudge topped with dark chocolate flakes. The Grapevine is proudly owned & operated by the Trak family. We strive to keep the quality of food, atmosphere, & personal service impeccable standards! Dine-In; Carry Out; Private Banquet Facility offering options for Limited Menus, Buffet, or Family-Style Service; On and Off Site Catering; Concessional Services. History Established in 2001. The Grapevine tradition started with the beliefs and dreams of one man, Michael J. Trak. "Chef Mike" (as his friends and co-workers call him) came to America in 1971 with nothing more than a five-dollar bill, generations of family recipes in his pocket, and a passion for the kitchen. He cooked, baked and sauteed his way through restaurant kitchens, never missing a single day of work. On December 12, 2001, The Grapevine was opened in the Granville Square Shopping Center. The Grapevine quickly established a loyal clientele and was rated a prestigious "A" by the Richmond Times Dispatch. Michael, Mary, Mitchell, Marianne, Rita and Gabor make great efforts everyday to make their guests feel like they are family. They strive to keep the quality of food, atmosphere and service better than any chain restaurant. Chef Mike and Mary spend most of their time in the kitchen, but every now and then you will see them poke their heads out into the dining area and mingle with the guests.
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I used to love, love this place but recently the food is a smaller portion, the bread, whihc btw has always been sooo good was served to me cold and then there are the flies. Gross! So many flies in the restaurant, I spent more time shooing than eating. Plus fruit flies buzzing around the dressing. Someone please take charge and get this place back on track.

1  Thank twilighthaze
There are newer reviews for The Grapevine Greek & Italian Restaurant

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had lunch at the Grapevine following a funeral service for my Aunt. We had a private room for 23 of us. The food and service were absolutely outstanding. First the homemade bread set the tone that we were in for a treat. Some of the children had pizza and they like it very much. The adults had either dinner salads or entrees which were also very good. I was very pleased with the food and when the bill came, I could not believe how reasonable it was-about half of what I expected. I will definitely return.

2  Thank pbr46
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I really enjoyed my experience in this restaurant. I can say that their Greek part of the menu is better than the Italian (more generic).

They serve a great hot bun as a starter, with great Greek olive oil and herbs to go with it. It´s a good start.

Their dishes are authentic, and the Greek (Greek-Italian?) family that owns the place is a good indication.

You can try different dishes, like the stuffed grape leaves. But know that it can get too strong a flavor after some pieces. So it´s better to share this dish, and many others. Rotate the dishes and have some fun with a different cuisine.

2  Thank Mateus C
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I've been lunching at the Grapevine with business associates for two years now, and whether it's a group of ten for a fun and chatty lunch, or just two for conversation, the service and quality is decidedly above average. From moussaka, gyros, lasagne, or a light pasta salad or one of many sandwiches, I've never seen anyone disappointed at the Grapevine. Because it is off the beaten path of Broad St, lunch is usually quiet, so when I want a place for thoughtful discussion I often choose the Grapevine - yet it is less than 5 minutes from Innsbrook or Gaskins Rd.

2  Thank ErasmusNA27
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Been going to the Grapevine since it opened.
I love the waitstaff and the food is immaculate.

1  Thank QuietVisiting