“Great place for lunch”

Sam Miller's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sam Miller's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #215 of 1,846 Restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 23219
Description: It is our hope that your visit to these pages will entice you to join us in person for some of "the best crab cakes in Richmond." In addition to fine seafood we serve USDA Prime beef, creative pasta dishes and salads to suit any taste.If you can't find what you are looking for here, please don't hesitate to call us. We look forward to helping you with anything from private party planning to a dinner reservation for two.
Reviewed October 18, 2018

I went for lunch for a business meeting for the first time. I ordered the Sam Miller's Signature Crab Cakes (Jumbo lump crab cakes served with house tartar and choice of two sides for $22). The restaurant was not too busy and we were greeted and seated quickly. The server told us about their special, took our drink order, and returned at an appropriate pace. The crab cakes were excellent. Mostly crab with a very light breading so the crab taste came through. The cakes were golden colored and were as good as I have had. My friend got the Blackened Chicken Salad (Local lettuces, cheddar, shallots, house croutons, local tomatoes and English cucumbers for $13), which was a good portion and the blackened chicken looked tasty. Overall, a varied menu for all tastes, a good choice for lunch, with good food and service, although a bit pricey for lunch, but on par with the area restaurants. The dinner menu looks a bit pricey, but based on this experience, I bet the food would be prepared well.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

The one plus was it wasn’t busy. That should have been our 1st clue. Atmosphere was out of sync with image. Kind of an older style restaurant but playing Aerosmith over the speakers! Yeah. My wife ordered a simple salad no prosciutto. Came back with Priscutto. 20 minutes later came out with another salad. No apologies. Meanwhile the rest of us finished our uninspired meals though the steak wasn’t bad. However French fries were limp. “World Famous” crab bisque must have been referring to 3rd world.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

Very nice restaurant good location highly recommend. Good prices for the large portions.Beautiful restaurant. We visited while in town for Redskins camp.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 19, 2018

Such a wonderful experience. The food and the staff were very accommodating even though we arrived late at night. Such a great place with awesome food and ambiance.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 11, 2018

This is a mixed review my wife’s steak was great and tasty but the portion was small. The service was beyond slow. Also all entries were near $3o with no bread or salad.

My Cajin seafood was cold but I ate it since I never saw our waitress after the food arrived.

So, quality, quantity of food, service, and price I would say advoid this place. But the small steak was great. So, there you have it.

Date of visit: July 2018