“Good food, over priced.”

Sam Miller's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sam Miller's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #226 of 1,619 Restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 23219
Description: It is our hope that your visit to these pages will entice you to join us in person for some of "the best crab cakes in Richmond." In addition to fine seafood we serve USDA Prime beef, creative pasta dishes and salads to suit any taste.If you can't find what you are looking for here, please don't hesitate to call us. We look forward to helping you with anything from private party planning to a dinner reservation for two.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I enjoyed my dinner and my husband did as well. We had pretty good service, however, I felt the food was overpriced. To me, the food compared to bonefish grill. My husbands, mahi mahi dinner was $24 and I ordered Shrimp Imperial for $22 (4 shrimp), to me these entrees should have been priced around $16-$17. Some weekday special pricing would be a big draw to compete with other restaurants on the same street.

There are newer reviews for Sam Miller's Restaurant

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Waited over 40 minutes for our meals to arrive at the table, and they were not that busy for lunch.
Server dropped food off at table and never approached us to see how we were doing until I asked for the check. This is the third time I have tried them for lunch, and it's the last. Too many other good places on that street to give it another shot.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

You can walk here if you are waiting on a tour of the Capitol Building. But it's nothing special. I even had their crab cakes which is supposedly their specialty - just average. My husband loved his burger. The service was a little slow.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

My first time eating oysters. Had fried - no plans to ever try raw. They were very good. Unfortunately I can't say the same for my filet mignon. Although it wasn't bad, it wasn't great either. I expected much better for $33. The outside was somewhat burnt and closer to medium than medium rare. Veggies were good. Server was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Near the Capitol and had an hour for lunch. Walked around the Bottom and found Sam Miller's. service was great. Had a delicious burger and excellent fries. Served promptly so I could get back to my meeting. Look forward to trying dinner there.