“Disappointing”

Sam Miller's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sam Miller's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #221 of 1,620 Restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 23219
Description: It is our hope that your visit to these pages will entice you to join us in person for some of "the best crab cakes in Richmond." In addition to fine seafood we serve USDA Prime beef, creative pasta dishes and salads to suit any taste.If you can't find what you are looking for here, please don't hesitate to call us. We look forward to helping you with anything from private party planning to a dinner reservation for two.
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Four of us recently had lunch at Sam Miller's. First, we were grateful to find them still serving lunch at nearly 3pm. The waiter was pleasant. The food was disappointing, in particular the crab cakes. The two crab cakes if combined would not have made one of decent size and they used crabmeat from Thailand. Anyone who lives on or near the Chesapeake Bay knows the difference in flavor and consistancy. If local crab meat is out of season don't offer a really poor subsitute.

There are newer reviews for Sam Miller's Restaurant

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I went back for a visit after a couple of years away. We stopped in for an appetizer, but both the raw and Oysters Rockefeller were very small & not very good. Disappointing. We did not stay for dinner.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

went for the bisque soup....not disappointed...stil the best thing on the menu
good place to eat and still sightsee around the capitol area

Reviewed January 29, 2013

The title pretty well says it all. The food wasn't bad, it just didn't match the price. The wine list was unexciting as well.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was in Richmond on business and remembered a delicious lunch here with memorable sweet potato fries a couple of years ago, so return I did. This day the service was a bit disappointing-- perhaps they were understaffed at 2:00-- but we had a hard time getting the server's attention when we needed something changed. That said, the food was delicious once again. I remember a delicious crabcake sandwich last time; this time I tried the fish and chips. The fried flounder tasted like real fish and was piping hot. My companion had a salad with shrimp, scallops and crabmeat and a delicious dill dressing. Prices were reasonable for lunch. I had hot coffee which was served in a smallish cup and only refilled once. Our server was friendly and accommodating when available. I would go back again, especially if in the mood for a crab cake or sweet potato fries.