“great food but get ready for the wait!”

Croaker's Spot Restaurants
Ranked #38 of 1,631 Restaurants in Richmond
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 21, 2009

I LOVE this place! The food is always great and you get wayyy more than what you pay for. You get a huge plate for a great price and the corn bread is perfect! We all know you can definitely ruin a fried fish plate with bad corn bread :P. The only thing I have to say is, when you come here, leave your impatience at the door. Come in and be prepared to WAIT...and i mean WAIT. You will wait quite a while and the service may not be the best, but it is worth the wait once you take your first bite! Do not come here if you're already starving because you might pass out from hunger from waiting so long. Come about an hour before you normally eat, bring good friends and family, chat it up and don't let yourself get all impatient. Enjoy your good company and the food will make up for the wait! Their cake is good too!

Reviewed March 2, 2009

We had their Fish Boat which is the signature dish. The fish was good but the sauce and onions hid the flavor of the fish. I would suggest getting the sauce on the side.
However, its the place itself and its history that makes this a place to go to in Richmond and not really the food, although the food is pretty good.

Reviewed February 26, 2009

Food: excellent soul seafood except the potatoes was a little bit salty for my low sodium diet! Otherwise, everything was great.
Setting of the restaurant: The outside neighborhood may be a little bit "drab" but I like the ambiance of the restaurant. Because of the seats...it seems so private despite the crowded restaurant. It is also decorated with items that open discussions especially about the African-American heritage. My husband is Italian in descent while I'm Asian...we enjoyed the place.
Service: All the workers in the restaurant were friendly. Despite the busy crowd...the workers appear to enjoy doing what they were doing. They also accommodate our request of changing the channel of their TV.
Overall...I highly recommend this restaurant for the food and for the experience!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 3, 2009

service is never too great whenever I go. it's not a great place to go for a large group

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 6, 2008

Worth the wait in line. If solo, I sit at the bar. Catfish, sweetea, and grits? It would be worth walking to.

Been to Croaker's Spot Restaurants? Share your experiences!