“Large portions but average at best”

Croaker's Spot Restaurants
Ranked #39 of 1,644 Restaurants in Richmond
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 19, 2013

When my friend and I arrived we were seated immediately, which was nice. Our waitress was friendly and polite. We sat near the entrance and I guess the kitchen area. It wasn't packed due to us coming early in the day. The food portions were large but the taste was mediocre. The seafood seemed a bit under seasoned compared to the time I ate at there 1st location. I did like the cornbread, it was delicious. Overall my friend and I thought the food was ok but nothing we would rush back to get. A good place to go if you are hungry.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Word of advice - come with an appetite! Portions are huge! Food was absolutely delicious! Service was excellent! I went with co-workers for lunch and we were seated immediately. Food was delivered in a short time. Lunchtime is a great time to visit and well worth it!

1  Thank 262JenniferW
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was my second bad experience here & I only blame myself. 2 years ago I made reservations for my birthday & was told to arrive at 7:30. My party & I weren't seated until after 9 pm & was treated rudely by the manager who had no problem with speaking to me in her best "Sheneneh" voice. I actually believe she was the owner. Fast forward March '13. I dined at the bar with two of my friends who had never eaten there. My friend ordered mac&cheese & it looked like it had been scraped from the bottom of the pan. They did bring her more but it was just as dry & unappealling. My fish was delicious & so was the cornbread. Next, the guy in our party paid for his meal with cash and included a nice tip for all of us. I paid with my card & wrote 0 on the tip line of the receipt. 3 days later I check my account & I was charged $5 more than what was on my receipt. I called & asked for the manager but after being on hold for over 6 minutes I hung up. I went into the restaurant the next day & asked for a manager. After 10 mins he came out and I showed him my receipt & a screenshot of the charge on my account. He then took my receipt & disappeared for over 10 mins & I had to send someone to get him. He sent them back to tell me to have a seat & he would be right out. I demanded that he come out immediately & he did. I asked him did the bartender write in her own tip and he said "Yes, and actually this isn't the first time it's happened." He then took my name & address and told me he'd mail my money. I just walked out b/c I felt I would have made a scene. Im livid that someone would do that & I'm more disappointed in the ghetto/trifling way it was handled by management. That bartender should be fired! I will NOT return to that restaurant & I will tell everyone that listens how unprofessional & ghetto they are.

13  Thank RaveyBaby
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have been to the Croaker Spot in Richmond many times and I enjoyed it, this evening I went to the new Croaker Spot in Petersburg , and it was awful. After being seated my husband and I had to waite 45 minutes before our food came, People who came in after us were served before us ,the waitress was socializing with friends that came in ,which was unproffesional, she brought the wrong order to our table, and when I got outside I called to speak with the manager , and the young lady asked why I was calling, I said I have a complaint , she said the manager said leave your number, I was looking at her through the door the manager was never summoned. They just lost a great customer , and I will tell everyone I know not to go to that location.

3  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Me and my husband wanted to try this place out as we were staying downtown for the weekend. We arrived around 1p.m we sat down around 2:30 got our food around 3:00 .the food wss worth the wait the only issue we had was the seating area at the front entry door was very uncomfortable ..and cold from the door being opened every few minutes. With the cold wind and snow blowing in .it was slso the waiting area so we had everyone watching us eat and hovering over us asking question about the food we were eating .the waited never returned my husband managed to squeeze through the hovering crowd to flag down our waiter..he told us he tried to get back to us but he was blocked by the crowd of people waiting near our table waiting to be seated .we saw sereval people that came in after we did had gotten served. Management should reconsidered the seating area at the front door.apparently they are aware of this probelm the hostess would tell ask the crowd to move forward.I would visit again but I not sit at that front door booth.