“Croaker Spot but no Croakers to eat”

Croaker's Spot Restaurants
Ranked #36 of 1,619 Restaurants in Richmond
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Very nice restaurant. Food was tasty. Name is misleading, thought there would be fried croakers to eat but instead you get regular fried whiting or some kind of fried white fish. Serving size is HUGE!! Way too much food for one person. Order one entree and share or take home cause you will get two meals out of the entree. The seafood chili was FANTASTIC.

There are newer reviews for Croaker's Spot Restaurants

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I looked on tripadvisor for some ideas of places to eat lunch and decided to try this place; which ranked highly on the list. I was a little apprehensive given the Hull street location but was pleasantly surprised in the quality of the interior and the atmosphere. The portions are big enough for most people to share and the prices are very reasonable. Good southern cooking at its best! Tripadvisor never steers me wrong and this place deserves it's top 10 restaurant ranking in Richmond.

1  Thank Cwajciec
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We got there at 6:00 pm and we had to wait over 40 minutes for a seat on a Saturday night. I was told that during the week it is much better. The fan and air conditioner was on and it was too cold once we address the Manager we got a reply that the kitchen needed the fans on and they would not turn them off. On a second request they did turn the fans down but it was cold in that place. Once we placed our order and the Waitress was just GREAT, the food came in a timely manner and it was plentiful. I loved the Shrimp and Grits and I think the best buy was the Boat of Fish adn the sides were awesome. So, I would suggest to go during the week and enjoy!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Food is excellent, portions are huge, service and atmosphere is great. This was my 1st time there and will definitely not be my last! The cornbread is to die for & is like dessert, make sure you don't miss out on a piece of it!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

you haven't had fish until you've had croaker's spot fish
great corn bread, great customer service, just get there early to avoid the rush!!!!!!!!!

Been to Croaker's Spot Restaurants? Share your experiences!