“Lemaire...ok....”
Review of Lemaire Restaurant

Lemaire Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lemaire Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,620 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I recently decided to take my best friend here to celebrate a nice birthday dinner. This restaurant is located in the Jefferson Hotel which I think is absolutely beautiful. Had it not been for the beautiful decor I would have only give the actual restaurant 3 stars for average. Our server was mediocre and we found ourselves have to locate her when we needed refills and to place our orders. I had Up South Fried Green Tomatoes (per the recommendation of our server) and thought they were extremely bland. For my main course I decided to get something a little least risky and ordered the Benne Seed Crusted Salmon, I love salmon so much that I think no matter who prepares it I will satisfied. I did enjoy my Knob Creek Bourbon. They have an extensive bourbon/whiskey/scotch list. Altogether it was so so in my opinion but the birthday girl enjoyed herself as well as her food.

There are newer reviews for Lemaire Restaurant

Reviewed October 7, 2013

If you want a rare treat Lamaire is exceptional in atmosphere and service. It is the closest to truly European service I have ever had in the states. The food was unique and yummy. The old restored architecture delightful to be in.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Everything is perfect about this place. Located in the Jefferson Hotel, Lemaire is a beautiful mix of history and modern food! We had great dinner with an exeptional service. And after the dinner the bartender fixed me an amazing bloody mary, that was a cherry on a pie! Love the place!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Having eaten here several times, I have always loved this place. This will be the one place I always go to when I am in Richmond. The people, service, ambiance, food and wine list are great. The hotel where the restaurant is located is beautiful and truly adds to the evening!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We visited the Jefferson Hotel's Lemaire for dinner. This 100 year old hotel is a Richmond landmark, and its downtown location is not difficult. The building itself is spectacular. Service at Lemaire was
outstanding, prompt, and personable. Unfotunately, the food was less spectacular, and nowhere near
the prices, which are among the highest in the Richmond market. Overall, the evening was not a disaster, but for $300 for three, we expected better food.