“Great meal and service”
Review of Lemaire Restaurant

Lemaire Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lemaire Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,612 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Ogdensburg, New York
“Great meal and service”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The restaurant is in a beautiful hotel, which adds to its appeal. The menu had many unique ingredient combinations from items purchased as locally as possible. Enjoyed the benne seed crusted loch duart scottish salmon. Great mix of flavors. The service was superb - attentive but not intrusive.

• Visited July 2013

Santa Barbara, California
“Maybe 5 stars for Richmond, but not nationally”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The dining experience was solid, but not excellent. The flavors were a bit bland and there were some minor service flaws. Instead of having five different faces showing up to out table to demonstrate high service, we would prefer our waters to be filled and bread offered again. Physical presence is not quality service. For appetizer, entree and dessert for two, I would have hoped one of these would have been exceptional.

That said, our primary server was wonderful.

Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Superb in every way!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you are looking for a fantastic meal in an elegant location with impeccable service, then Lemaire is for you. While visiting colleges with my daughter, I booked a surprise dinner here and we could not have been better cared for or pleased. From the moment we entered, we were greeted promptly, courteously and with class -- something intangible which, unfortunately, is so lacking in too many place elsewhere. The dining room is stunning architecturally. Our server, Mary Beth, was friendly, helpful, and attentive. The flavors in both of our salads (I chose the 'farm lettuces', while my daughter chose the arugula) practically leaped from the plate and were a treat to the palate. The freshness was unmistakable, and the presentation divine. For our entrees, we chose the free range chicken breast and the salmon --- and oh my, was each one a treat. They were the centerpieces of an eclectic and marvelous set of accompaniments and together, the effect was completely synergistic. We were able to relax and soak in the entire experience. I would return to this restaurant any time I am in Richmond, and recommend it without hesitation.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Nice combination: Elegance and good food.”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The Jefferson Hotel is one of America's finest, so it's no surprice that its signature restaurant would be top-drawer, also. Breakfast there this morning. Window table that made me happy from the get go. Attentive service but not intrusive. Ordered my usual soft-scrambled eggs which are a challenge for most restauarnts. Not Lemaire. They were perfect. Excellent bacon. Thick, crispy. Was a lovely place to read the paper and enjoy several cups of coffee which the server refilled at just the right moments. My expectations of hotel restuarnts are low, regardless of the quality of the hotel -- and the Jefferson is fantastic. But Lemaire is undoubtedly one of the best restaurants in Richmond and my simple breakfast confirmed that fact.

New Kent, Virginia, USA
“Superb birthday dinner”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

So happy to have had my birthday dinner at Lemaire while being a guest at The Jefferson Hotel in mid June. My highest compliments to the chef and wait staff. The Sweet Vidalia Onion Soup with blue crab was fantastic ! The Jumbo Sea Scallops were the best I have ever had, including several trips to New England and being spoiled by their seafood. My husband had Oysters on the half shell for his appetizer ( divine ) and the the Black Angus Steak for his entree', which was so tender it was like butter melting in your mouth. The restaurant itself is so elegant and lovely that words can't do it justice. You will feel like royalty !

Visited June 2013