“Group of 8 for a December dinner”
Review of Lemaire Restaurant

Lemaire Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lemaire Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,719 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Lemaire is a New American restaurant bringing a fresh, modern culinary experience to one of Virginia’s most iconic attractions – The Jefferson Hotel, Richmond, Virginia. The menu features extraordinary Virginia grown ingredients and the Southern influences of Richmond's food culture. The unique structure of the menu will allow you to customize your experience each time you visit while our distinctive spaces - the bar and lounge, the patio and the dining rooms –make any occasion special. The innovative cocktail list features classic libations with a modern twist and fresh, handcrafted ingredients. The wine list of over 200 offerings, including a robust selection of bottles under $30 and wines by glass, will inspire you to experiment with the tastes of the New and Old Worlds.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Our appetizers were excellent and a good variety. Our party ordered 4 different ones and each was delicious in it's own way. The butternut squash soup was exceptional. Everyone seemed very pleased with their entrees. I had the salmon over mashed potatoes and about 3 other vegetables and it was delicious. The only snag on the whole evening is that we must have had a 20 minute wait from finishing our entrees, taking our plates, and ordering dessert. Since we had a party of 8, the 20% gratuity of course was already figured in. After living in the Metro area for 42 years, it was my first trip to the renown restaurant.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I've been to Lemaire twice, never again. Once the hostess took our reservation, but after waiting for half an hour the manager apologized and told us that there was a mistake and the hostess didn't know that there was a reservation. That is called low class! Another time, we had dinner there but the noise was much too loud. It was like a diner. We went into the other dining rooms and they were just as bad. No class. Not for me. TJ's is actually the better restaurant in the Jefferson.

2  Thank misteradv
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Starting with the Golden Beet Salad with Endive which was oh so crisp and good. The Gorgonzola was when of the best I have had in a long time. Then to the Chicken Fried Oysters which were over the top fine. I mean Oysters with a southern flair that have surpassed anything like it i have ever had.My main dish for the night was the Rockfish and can I tell you it was some of the finest fresh local Rockfish I ever had done to perfection. Every time you go to Lemaire its a culinary orgasm and something different. They have a great wine list and service is second to none. Our waitress was so good and so professional I had to go tell the manager how good she was. Great service always makes great dining experience better. Lemaire is a must stop for fine dining in Richmond.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is definitely an upscale and pricey restaurant, but it is worth every penny. If you are celebrating a special evening, this is the place to go. Service is impeccable, food is unbelievably good, and the restaurant is pristine. My husband took me there to propose and now we celebrate every anniversary there.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Excellent waitstaff and food exceeded expectations. Lovely time and would return when next in Richmond.