“Fine Dining at Its Best”
Review of Lemaire Restaurant

Lemaire Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lemaire Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,612 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Fine Dining at Its Best”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We celebrated our daughter's marriage earlier in the day with a dinner party at Lemaire, This finely appointed restaurant is an excellent choice for special occasions. The menu, while not extensive, was creative and certainly offered something that would appeal to everyone.

Starting off with one of the best Manhattan cocktails I have had in years, I then enjoyed a perfectly prepared duck foie gras appetizer.nicely presented in a bed of colorful greens and a dab of chocolate. My steak came medium rare as I requested, served with mashed potatoes and stir fried vegetables. Others in our party enjoyed their meals as well--including a nice crab bisque, sushi, plus poached pear for appetizers, and large crab cakes (with only a small amount of breading to hold them together), sea bass and pork chops as entrees. All entrees were artistically presented, similar to what we have experienced in some of the nicer European restaurants. The portions were large enough that most of chose not to have dessert.

The restaurant wine list was extensive, offering a wide variety of wines at prices ranging from quite modest (about $30.) upwards. We enjoyed a nice pinot gris from the Willamette Valley in Oregon. The wait staff was friendly and attentive, and let us set our own leisurely pace.

This restaurant is expensive, although our bill for six was nicely offset by the two, fifty dollar coupons that the hotel provided as part of our overnight package.

Philadelphia, PA
“Wonderful breakfasts”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We were staying at the Jefferson and only had the opportunity to eat breakfast here - dining at Lemaire on consecutive days. What a treat! My wife and I flip-flopped on the second day having what the first had on the first day. The eggs benedict was out of this world and the Southern Comfort spiked french toast was equally delicious (coming from someone who does not like SoCo). The servers were very nice and the pricing was very reasonable for the quality of the food.

• Visited November 2011
“I'm going to make up celebrations so I can start going more!”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

There is nothing better than Lemaire in Richmond- nothing. Lemaire is my top spot for date night, entertaining clients or showing visiting friends and family the very best of Richmond cuisine. The menu is inventive and the staff is impeccably trained. I've surely eaten there 25+ times and have never had a bad experience. Bonus points for the added care they give you for special occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries- you'll feel like you're the only one in the restaurant.

hartford
“Wonderful service”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I'd been wanting to visit the Jefferson Hotel for quite a while and decided to have dinner at Lemaire during my trip to Richmond. It's clear that this hotel is a popular spot: on the night of my visit, the concierge told me the hotel was hosting a wedding, a rehearsal dinner, and a class reunion. Despite the crowds, the service in Lemaire was gracious. At no point did we feel rushed or neglected. The food was quite good and presented well. I ordered the "As Southern as it gets Berkshire pork chop," which was accompanied by macaroni and cheese and collard greens. My daughter ordered salmon. I loved my moist and very flavorful chop, and agreed that the mac and cheese and collards were the perfect, truly Southern side dishes. My only regret, and this is truly nitpicking, is that the chop was large enough to feed a family of four. Maybe that portion is part of the dish's Southern appeal; to a Northerner, it just seemed like much too much. When I made the reservation, I told the staff that we'd be celebrating my daughter's birthday. At dessert, the hostess and three waiters brought us our brownie a la mode with a candle in it and sang "Happy Birthday" (first line only) to her. It was quite sweet. All in all, a lovely occasion.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank teacher050
Indianapolis, IN
“Beauty and Culinary Excellence Combined”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

My husband and I had a very romantic dinner here. The food and service were excellent, and the hotel is so scenic. It was a night to remember, for sure.

Visited October 2011