“Lethargic Service Filled With Errors”
Review of Mi Hacienda

Mi Hacienda
Ranked #448 of 1,606 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Norfolk, VA
“Lethargic Service Filled With Errors”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

There isn’t much to recommend at the restaurant. The décor is gaudy. The waitresses were polite, but lethargic. Service was slow across the board, as both drinks and food took a long time to arrive. The portions were small for the price. Two of the four orders in my party had errors and had to be sent back. Even the payment process took longer than it should have. I’m not going to darken this doorstep again.

• Visited May 2014

Colonial Heights, Virginia
“Love this place!”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Another great time at Mi Hacienda tonight. The food is very good and really fast. The service is good, as well. Staff is friendly. The Friday Sunset happy hour was very enjoyable. Outdoor seating is nicely laid out and cozy. I've been eating here for so many years and never tire of it. The restaurant is beautiful inside. I like it so much, I wish I could buy the building, move it and convert it into my home!

This is a place you really shouldn't miss. I'm pretty sure you will be happy if you stop in and relax over a good meal.

• Visited August 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We been to this place several times and each time the food seem different. On some days it's either too salty or spicy. Just a inconsistent place. The waitress staff is at times rude.

• Visited January 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“So Good I Wanted More”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Earlier today I set on a quest to find a restaurant that provided an authentic Mexican cuisine experience. And because Taco Bell was packed with customers during mid day, I opted to go to Mi Hacienda Mexican Restaurant. How did my experience go? Here is my review.

The Good:

Service- Upon entering the restaurant, I was greeted and seated. It did not take long for the server to bring out some tortilla chips, dip and take my order. It was my first time in the restaurant but through online research, I knew what I wanted to order. I ordered the Cheese Steak Burrito. The server was very friendly and brought my food out in less than 10 minutes after ordering. I cannot argue with good service.

The Not So Good:

Taste- As previously stated, I ordered the Cheese Steak Burrito. The dish came with a burrito, rice and lettuce. In my mind, since this item was under the American favorite section the burrito would mimic the contents of an actual Philly Cheese Steak. Instead, it had strips of beef, mushrooms and onions inside while the cheese was poured on top of the burrito. The burrito was not bad, but I was not expecting to taste what I tasted.

Price/Portion Size- The dish cost $9.75. I could have went to Chipotle and got a burrito that had double the meat and other contents inside for 3 dollars less. After eating this dish I still found myself somewhat hungry.

The Bad:

N/A.

Overall- The service was top notch. This restaurant is the place to go to when you are hungry and looking for a quick bite to eat. I could see myself going back again, but I would not order the Cheese Steak Burrito. Aside from the small portions, I do think the flavors are on point. FOUR STARS.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jon B
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Loved it”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice time at this restaurant the food is awesome had a burrito it was so good ! The sauce you get with the nachos is delicious. The service is really good and the decor is really nice. The margarita are so good! Will go back next time when I'm in town.