“Excellent food”

Dining options: Breakfast
Lakeland, Florida
“Excellent food”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

First time patron. So many choices. We ordered four different meals. Combinations are various soups salads sandwiches. All were excellent. I ordered a half sandwich and soup and was sorry I didn't get the whole thing. Will definitely go here when in Richmond again.

Richmond, Virginia
“We have eaten at this Baker's Crust for nearly 15-Years, it is always EXCELLENT!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We started eating at this Baker's Crust nearly 15-years ago and have never had any less than an excellent meal. Fantastic rotisserie chicken, pastas, sandwiches, and salads. The breads and bakery items are top notch and the chocolate eclairs are the best ever. We try to eat at the Cary Street Baker's Crust every time we visit Richmond.

• Visited December 2013
“Interesting Experience”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I decided to go here for lunch a few months ago. It was a place I've seen a million times in passing, but have never been to. When I arrived in the parking, lot, I was reminded on why I rarely go to Carytown to shop or dine. Luckily there was one space left in the parking lot and I got it before another car could. I went inside and it was packed like a can of sardines. I waited about 15-20 minutes to be seated and here is my review.

The Good:

Service- For a small restaurant on the edge of Carytown, the service was great. The Hostess and Server were both nice and very hospitable. The food came out in less than 20 minutes and was hot. This is a major plus given the fact that the restaurant was full to the max. The Server refilled drinks without being asked to do so which is always a plus.

The Bad:

Taste- Of all the things on the menu, I decided to order the Salmon and Mac n Cheese. I kinda regret making that decision now. While the food came out hot, it lacked in taste. The salmon was slightly dry and lacked seasoning. It was wrapped in Bacon and the Bacon saved it from being a total disaster. The Mac n Cheese had Bacon in it, but one key element was missing from the hot bowl of Mac n Cheese... THE CHEESE!!! Dont get me wrong, there was cheese in the dish, but everyone knows that when ya make mac n cheese, theres no such thing as too much cheese. You dont prepare a big bowl of noodles, put a small amount of cheese in it and call it Mac n Cheese. AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT!!!

Overall- Had the service been terrible, the rating for the review would have been a 100% Booty Juicer. But the service was top notch while the dish was so so. Because of the good service, I could see myself going back and giving Bakers Crust another chance. But two things I will not be ordering are the Salmon and mac n Cheese. THREE STARS.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jon B
“good food bad service”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We started with the margarita pizza & I ordered a bacon cheddar burger med-rare w/egg. when main course camethe burger was over well done (no juice) sent back plus it had some weird yellow sauce with a red dot in it that the manger couldn't identify. Apparently, the yolk had broken into the ketchup the kitchen told the manager. On the re-cook the burger was much better, sadly, same couldn't be said for our server. When either of us asked for something he acted like HE had to prepare it or as my companion said "Like he had to pay for it." His service was so snarky we were stuck at 10%. In the past we have had female servers much nicer that earned 25-30%. I would rather tip more for pleasant service than have a damper on the evening. Will try again since the food is usually very good. .

• Visited January 2014
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Sunday brunch”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

After visiting for a business lunch a few months ago, my wife and I decided to try it for Sunday brunch. We arrived at about 10:30 am and had a 10 minute wait for a table.

I had the buttermilk fried chicken on a Belgian waffle. My wife had the same chicken on a sweet potato biscuit with a buerre blanc sauce. Both dishes were great.

Our server was friendly and efficient. Much better food than Panera and for about the same price.

Visited January 2014