“Authentic”
Review of Havana 59

Havana 59
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana 59 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 1,631 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: One block south at Main/N 17th St and two blocks north at E Broad/N17th St
Description: Havana ’59 has been a staple in Richmond’s Shockoe Bottom District since its opening in 1995. We are proud of the community we have served for 22 years and the loyalty and longevity they have provided us, as demonstrated by our 2017 OpenTable Diner’s Choice Award. We invite you to step back in time to the tradition of excess in 1950’s Havana, when the island city was known as the “Paris of the Caribbean.” The combination of tradition and indulgence cultivates a casual yet elegant atmosphere where the string lights, enormous open windows, crumbling plaster walls, palm trees, and aroma of fine cigars envelope you as you relax and enjoy the tantalizing delights of a bygone era. We proudly offer our guests an unforgettable culinary and cocktail experience delivered with exceptional service, from the fresh juices we press in house for our cocktails, to the locally sourced ingredients utilized in our scratch kitchen.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Fabulous setting... There speciality is mojitos ... I had Mango... I also tasted blueberry & strawberry... The Havana dish was wonderful....pork was delish!!

HavanaGM, General Manager at Havana 59, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thanks for the kind words andwe are happy that you enjoyed one of our Speciality Mojito's--we do have "Teh Best Mojito in Richmond". Since you have tried and loved our "Taste of Habana" entree, come in and try one of Chef Rubey's newest creations, starting with our fall menu launch on October 1st. Hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I came here for the 1st time with my daughter in July 2013 to celebrate her birthday since this is one of her favorite restaurants. I especially liked the open air atmosphere of the place. Our drinks and food was delicious and the service was excellent. I expect to come here again and would recommend this to anyone looking for a place with some atmosphere.

HavanaGM, General Manager at Havana 59, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your time, food and drink here at Havana '59. I have passed on your comments to our staff and we hope to serve you again soon!!! Thanks!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Have visited with my sister when she and friends drove down from Cleveland, with a group of teachers after graduation, and with my husband for my birthday. Each time the food was terrific and drinks fantastic. Definitely try to mojitos or the sangria.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

The food, the service and ambience were exceptional. Maybe the Budweiser Clydesdales who were in town help to put us in the celebratory mood, but certainly the restaurant helped to finish off a great evening with colleagues. Started out with three appetizers-- calamari, tuna tartar and ceviche. They were all exceptional, but certainly the tuna tartar was great. Great flavor and a bit spicy as well. You can even have a cigar at the bar next to the restaurant seating area. For the main course I had the Coastal Paella which was very good. Flavorful mussels and shrimp along with a well aged serrano ham and chorizo. And to finish off, my dessert was a passion fruit mojito. If you want a good rating from me, put something with passion fruit on the menu. Always an exotic crowd pleaser.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The food here is average. It is a little pricey. The plantains were not cooked to my liking, even though I love plantains. I think the best part of the whole meal was the cigar and brandy later.