“Food & Service Good, Price changes each visit”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Hopewell, Virginia
“Food & Service Good, Price changes each visit”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We were the only customers - I go to this place every time I want a hookah and decent food. However, not sure I'm going back now. What a shame. We were overcharged like crazy. One item was listed at 6.99 but was charged 10.99. Bill ended up being $10 higher than expected. When I asked for a breakdown of the bill, he had added not only 10% for tax (could be right) but an additional 10% "dine-in" fee. I asked what that was and he tried to tell me it was standard restaurant practice. Really? Umm, since when? When I protested he said, "This is our policy, someone has to clean your table". What a shame - no business and now they're ripping off the only ones they had that night. I expect it will close soon.

• Visited October 2011

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“mediocre and not very clean.”
Reviewed April 10, 2009

mediocre and not very clean.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Aladdin Express is a Middle Eastern and Italian restaurant with lots of character and atmosphere. From the outside, it...”
Reviewed June 29, 2008

Aladdin Express is a Middle Eastern and Italian restaurant with lots of character and atmosphere. From the outside, it doesn't look like much, but on the inside you feel like you walked into the Middle East. They play Middle Eastern music and there is an elabourate fountain in the middle of the dining area. The service was a little slow, but overall the great food plus the atmosphere made this a special place. Warning: They charge a 10% service fee that isn't placed on the bill, but is listed in fine print on the Please Wait To Be Seated sign. WWBT 12 did an investigative report on this hidden charge. The Better Business Bureau says this is legal, but barely so. Go in there prepared to pay the 10%. They offer a wide range of food from pizza and Italian food to Greek and Middle Eastern. Lee and I both had the combination plate with meat which consists of hummus, baba ghannouj, with salad and shish kebab (or chicken) with 3 falafel balls (rather like Middle Eastern hush puppies- they would even go well with North or South Carolina barbecue), and sesame sauce. I wasn't too keen on the baba ghannouj or the sesame sauce, but that was a learning experience and not the restaurant's fault. Lee and I had essentially the same thing only I had the lamb kebab and he opted for chicken. I made my first go of Turkish coffee in a demi-tasse. The strength of the coffee wasn't what threw me for a loop, but the spices thrown in there tended to dominate it. Therefore, I prefer Brazilian coffee's strength without spice.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good food, good atmosphere.”
Reviewed February 3, 2008

Good food, good atmosphere.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I used to order pizza from here. The pizza was always good, but the price seemed never to be the same two times in a...”
Reviewed November 27, 2007

I used to order pizza from here. The pizza was always good, but the price seemed never to be the same two times in a row.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook