821 Bakery Cafe
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Long wait for a Saturday, to be expected it's a tiny spot, but great personality and friendly staff. The food! I had the buffalo tofu and I've never had tofu with such infused flavor...a must have, bloody mary was yummy, fried artichoke app was delish but sub the sweer dipping sauce they provide with the garlic tahini dressing. My beau had the mighty meaty with potatoes and two over easy eggs on top... looked like a bowl of yuck, but he said it was phenomenal.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

This place is the best. I take out of town friends here, and I get fellow Richmonder's hooked. Thanks to a recommendation from a friend, this is our consistent brunch spot in town! Prices are good, they have a TON of variety, and very vegan/vegetarian friendly! Its usually seat yourself if you get there early enough--which I would recommend getting there early! Service is usually great--servers are super friendly and chatty. A few times our food has come out painfully slow BUT I attriubte that nothing more to the fact that we were there during rush, and there was 9 of us. They make a great cup of coffee and the rosemary potatoes are a favorite side. They always have great new specials up every time we go... snickerdoodle french toast anyone?! Almost don't want to let people know about this place. (FYI, try to go when VCU students aren't there and it won't be quiet as busy!)

1  Thank Jackie M
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Four of us arrived at 9AM opening for Sunday brunch and got seated right away. Not a big place and people were waiting when we left. No wonder because the food and service were great. Considered the best vegan breakfasts in town. We had vegan and vegetarian burritos and a tofu scramble. Everything was delicious.

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

This seems to be one of the better and the most original breakfast places if you don't wanna go to the Carytown. The menu offers a pretty wide range of meals for breakfast, brunch and lunch. The atmosphere is very homely, yet hipster-y at the same time. Pretty cool art all over the walls of the restaurant. You get a decent meal for the price you pay. We had no issues with the service, but I probably wouldn't give it a 5-star rating, if I compared it to other breakfast places I've been to. However, I'd definitely suggest this place to others visiting Richmond

Reviewed October 22, 2013

It's small and funky. The food's great. You'll probably have to wait on line (outside since the place is so small), but it's well worth it.

I had a vegetarian breakfast burrito stuffed with tofu scramble, veggie "sausage," and black beans. Oh, so good: meaty, spicy and filling. The breakfast rosemary potatoes were cooked perfectly, crispy (not greasy) on the outside, not overcooked inside.

The service is great; the prices are reasonable.