“Great Food, on a strip mall”

Nick's Roman Terrace
Ranked #223 of 1,612 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Great Food, on a strip mall”
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Don't let the looks scare you, and when you enter there is always a Christmas tree and 3 huge chandeliers, I go to restaurants because of the food and not for the looks, try the Veal Marsala, or Scallopini, real good, reasonable prices, perhaps you will meet the owner which is quite a character.

Visited November 2013

Macon, North Carolina
“Impressed another couple with the warm friendly atmosphere, and truly great Italain food”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had friends who were in Richmond for a medical appointment, and so they joined us for dinner here. Everyone enjoyed their dinner, we had 3 take -home boxes out of the 4 of us, service was fast and friendly, and Tony the owner stopped by to check on us , and told us several interesting and funny stories about his coming to the US from Greece, and how he finally ended up buying and running Nicks from the original owner. Can't wait to go back again next time we visit Richmond!!

Visited April 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“We are always a large group...very accomodating....great waitress”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our group is always a large one. We were visiting from Ohio and had eaten here at least 50 times when it was owned by the original Nikko...sweet man.. and we loved the family when we lived in Richmond. We met the owners this time---not sure how long they have owned this, but I can tell you that they pour plenty of love and attention into this restaurant.

The service was excellant and our waitress was one of the best waitresses that we have ever had anywhere. We ordered everything from tiropita, spanokopita, pastitsio, pizza, and it was all wonderful---very good, and served at the perfect temperature. They still had the huge rolls that we remembered.....

You can also see that the restaurant has been updated and still has the beautiful murals, and the decorating at Christmas is just incredible. Children will be mesmerized by the many mechanical Christmas elves, angels and a very large Santa Claus----really well thought out.
Everywhere you look there has been loving attention to this restaurant.

Don't miss Nick's---their service and food that still set a great standard, and we wish other restaurants would look to them as the example to follow.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank TWEETYCCC
Richmond, Virginia
“Very Good Breakfast”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stopped by for breakfast this week and both of us were very pleased with our meal. My wife had chocolate chip pancakes and I had the western omelet with hash browns. She said the pancakes were very good and my omelet was a tad overcooked but was still very good. Great coffee, some of the best we have had lately. Service was second to none; the young gentleman that waited on us was great, very courteous and on the ball. Very large breakfast menu so we want to go back again and try some of the other selections.

• Visited January 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Gordon Ramsey should be called for this place!!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My family ate here recently and I hadn't read any reviews on it ( we were getting our oil changed and it was in the strip mall adjacent ) my first and last impression was that this must be some kind of joke.. There was a white Christmas tree set up in the waiting area with unusual ornaments, which the waitress explained is up all year round, and everyone looks forward to seeing it.....um......OK. The huge chandeliers are really spectacular, but are not fit for this environment - hate to say it, but they need to be dusted also! Staff was friendly, but I could not shake the feeling that I was on some sort of Kitchen Nightmare episode with Gordon Ramsey and literally could not wait for the check. - this place is in D.I.R.E need of a renovation - please get rid of the creepy old white Christmas tree and overwhelming nick-nacks - your food should stand on its own, and I literally don't remember what I ate, I just couldn't wait to get out of here!!

• Visited October 2013