“Good meal and loud music”
Review of Rare Olde Times

Rare Olde Times
Ranked #385 of 1,619 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed September 16, 2013

In a group of 12 at an anniversary party. Typical pub look. Server did her best to take care of us in spite of being very busy. It took a fairly long time to get our mea. Flat iron steak was done just the way we asked - very tender too. When music started it was really loud because the restaurant is fairly small. Would I go back? Maybe for another celebration.

There are newer reviews for Rare Olde Times

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a true Irish - American pub. It is a neighborhood spot for richmonders who live around the corner and across town. As with most true pubs, the food is solidly good. No fancy stuff, just good Irish grub and most importantly the kegs of Smithwicks, Bass, and Guinness are always fresh and poured correctly. One of my favorite places to go an just hang out, they accept me even though I am Italian !

Reviewed March 10, 2013

After a hiatus, we've been back here 4 fimes the past month. The food is better than what I remembered, and the portions are righteous. Everyone has been happy with their orders, and my dishes never disappointed. Smoked salmon was fresh with a healthy bed of greens. Fish and chips are hot, crispy and tender. Sheppard's pie is good comfort food that is good with a pint. Service is solid and beer selection offers something for everyone.

Reviewed January 1, 2011

went there 12-31-2010 we res 8 seats got there no food that they said they would have ,then lied to me asked for hamburger they said they were out of that to ,so i said i do not want nothing then came out with hamburger ,must have cooked it in with fish that is what it taste like we spent 240 dollars there and i want it back they did nothing but lie to us i will be sending them a letter about this because been going there for 2 years and was good but not now DAVID.

Robert M, Partner at Rare Olde Times, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2015

David I recently came on as Partner/GM of Rare Olde Times in late 2013. I am so horrified by your experience in 2010. It is definitely not what we strive for these days. We have put so much effort in to the food and business since then. I know your experience was terrible but I hope that maybe one day you will give us another shot. Feel free to message or call us anytime. I know that we are not the same Rare Olde Times.

Reviewed October 10, 2010

This place is great. I have been driving past it for years and I am glad we finally stopped in. Got the corned beef which was really good and the Shepards pie looked amazing. Good beer selection too.