“This Place Invented the Sailor Sandwich!”
Review of New York Deli

New York Deli
Ranked #314 of 1,846 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 30, 2010

I was in Richmond from out of state visiting my brother he recommended the New York Deli. Being one that has traveled alot, I was excited about eating at the place that supposedly invented the Sailor Sandwich. Last year, when in Louisville, Ky, I at at the place that claimed to invent and serve the first cheeseburger (Kaelin's). Their cheeseburger was good but I expected more from the place that made it's name on it. With regards to the New York Deli though, the Sailor Sandwich was excellent! The folks there even gave me the history behind the sandwhich. I was also suprised to learn that the are the oldest restaurant in Richmond in the same location with the same name. If you go, be sure to get your fries with the sandwich. They are delicious.

Reviewed February 10, 2010

The title says it all. Bad pastrami, bad potato salad, weak drink, terrible bartender. I mean really.....

Reviewed October 20, 2009

Always enjoy the food. Usually stop in for breakfast and dinner when I am in town. I also love craft brew and single malts and they have an intense selection of both. Friendly "neighborhood" staff that seems to know every one. Now they have wi-fi which opens up my lunch!

1  Thank Business_Traveller83

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 13, 2008

A good place to hang out and have a drink, but the food is mediochre.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to New York Deli? Share your experiences!