“Right in the heart of VCU”
Review of Village Cafe

Village Cafe
Ranked #178 of 1,619 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: DIVERSIONS FOR THE RICH, POOR WISE AND OTHERWISE INCLUDED AT DINNERS AND DRIVING AND DIVE
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Atmoshpere and great food equal a great experience. Best place to eat before or after a VCU game. I have been there many times and will go agin. Try the onion rings!

There are newer reviews for Village Cafe

Reviewed June 22, 2012

We saw this restaurant on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. It was truly a cross between a Diner and a Dive. The restaurant was dark and seemed a bit worn if not a little unclean. The staff was friendly; the food was passable. I had a greek salad - with a bowl of anchovies on the side? - and my sister had a quesadilla. The actually quesadilla was inedible. The black beans that came with it were excellent. Overall it was an okay visit. I probably would not return. The neighborhood seemed a bit sketchy!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I was disappointed because I had heard good things about this place. The pizza was terrible. The crust tasted like it was premade and sat in the refrigerator uncovered for a few days. The waiter tried to steer us clear of the pizza towards Mexican because he said the chefs were Mexican. The plate and water pitcher were dirty also.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Milkshakes and drinks are great, but the food is bad. The service is very friendly.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

The first thing I've got to comment on is their shakes. It's basically a build your own. You can start with a vanilla or chocolate shake, and then they give you a list of syrups they have that you can add to make your own creation. My wife went with vanilla shake, pumpkin spice syrup, and caramel. It was delicious. We almost went back again the next day, but couldn't find time. We also split a Village stromboli (ham, salami, peppers, and cheese) and had them add ricotta. That was very good as well. A nice thin crust, cooked perfectly, and a good red sauce for dipping. Our waiter was excellent as well. After discussing my first beer he came back with a recommendation for my second and nailed it. I don't drink macros, so someone with good knowledge of the micros was well appreciated. Highly recommended!!