“Fabulous Neighborhood Find”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My husband and I went to the Hill Cafe in Churchill after a day of shopping and finding other restaurants had a 45 minute wait. We were seated within 5 minutes (don't let the folks standing by the door fool you-it is worth going in to check on the wait time). They had a good selection of wines by the glass and a full beautiful bar. This is a small restaurant and they pay a lot of attention to their customers. We had wonderful service. We both had the Caesar salad which was very large and full of parmesan and fresh croutons- yummy! I had the crab cake appetizer and a side of asparagus which were perfect. This was enough food for sure. I even brought some home. My husband had the meatloaf- it actually looked like a grilled steak and was delicious. The best I have ever had. His meal was also large and he brought home 1/2 as well. We shared the bourbon pecan pie for dessert. Again- absolutely delicious. We couldn't find one little thing to say that is not positive about the Hill Cafe. It is definitely worth a visit! We will be back. :) You can check out their menu and hours here http://www.thehillcafe.com/index.asp

Reviewed November 3, 2012

this was the only place I really liked in Richmond.. The food in this city is BLEH!! BUt I really did enjoy this place I ordered crabs and it was great!! I had a amazing waitress and a very cozy setting I highly recommend.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a neighborhood gem -- great service, good food, good prices. The Chapel Hill area is a great neighborhood for a Sunday morning stroll, too.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Recently I had lunch at The Hill Cafe. I ordered a Oyster Po Boy and was it poor on oysters.the This was the worse poor boy I have ever had. It was on a oversized hot dog roll (room temp) and had about 8 med marble sized oysters. All my friends did during lunch was kid me about the sandwich. The waitress never bothered herself about checking back with us until the end of the meal when she asked how everything was.

I have eaten at this cafe numerous times and the service is always suspect. I do know that the restaraunt group that owns this cafe does care, but I am tired of calling or writing notes to them about their issues. In fact portion size seems to be an issue at other of their restaraunts I hav evisited lately. For me I am giving all their places a rest.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I met a friend for dinner here the other night while I was in town. This place was recommended to her from another friend who lives in the area. The restaurant was small but very quaint in a wonderful location Church Hill. The other night happened to be crab night so I ordered their crab cake dinner that came with red bliss mashed potatoes and asparagus. Everything was cooked perfectly and I enjoyed every bit of my meal. My friend had the blackened mahi mahi tacos they had a little bit of a kick but she also enjoyed her meal. To end the night we decided to splurge on desert, so many wonderful choices. The couple next to us had the pecan pie and liked it so much that they ordered 2 extra pieces to take home. We had the bread pudding and the chocolate brownie. They both hit the spot and we each had left overs that we took home and could enjoy later.

Out waitress was great and she was very attentive and accomodating the entire night.