“Great Italian Meal”
Review of Azzurro Restaurant

Azzurro Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Azzurro Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #186 of 1,603 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Italian Meal”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

I have eaten here twice and enjoyed Azzurro's both times. The first time was for someone's birthday and the waitress brought out a dessert with a candle at the end. All of the food I tasted was very good- I enjoyed the Rigatoni alla norma and the zachetti di pere (two good dishes for vegetarians) and we sampled a couple of the desserts. I would recommend eating at Azzurro's if you want slightly upscale Italian with a nice atmosphere and waitstaff. I'll definitely be returning to Azzuro's.

Richmond, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a great experience”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We have probably dined here a dozen times in the past 18 months. They are always willing to try to accommodate your seat requests with pleasure... (We enjoy their outside patio, whenever the weather cooperates). Their food is excellent... brick oven pizzas, for late night casual dining, or fine pastas for full a multi-course meal... and they make a great martini, too.
We always feel welcome, appreciated, and comfortable here.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Bland and Overpriced -- meh !!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I read the reviews about great italian food. It's in an expensive area of Richmond and I guess they figure they can overcharge for some of the food. I had a Caesars Salad, which was very bland and had no flavor. It was basically, a white cream lightly blended in with the lettuce. Not worth the outrageous $12. I also had the Carbonara, which I was highly anticipating since I rarely see it on the menu. Since this is supposedly a top Italian restaurant, I thought I'd give it a try. Meh, is all I can say. Again, bland food with no flavor or character. I went for dinner solo on business so there was no crowd or any service issues that could be the cause of inferior dinner. I definitely will not be back. Not worth the hype. I've had better dinners at Carraba's for 1/2 the price.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Food! Great Service!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

A great meal with interesting specials and great service! Mentioned birthday celebration in our online reservation and they were more than ready when we arrived a few

Wine list was very interesting. Great Pinot Grigio!

We'll return as a couple.

Visited June 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Ups and Downs in Richmond”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This restaurant has a really interesting wine list, with some unusual wines for an American Italian restaurant. The place physically is very attractive. But we were seated in a cold draft. Service at brunch was really slow. Our waiter seemed more interested in the tennis tournament on the TV in the bar than he did serving us. We were served muffins that looked like someone else had already taken a bite out of them. We asked for bread and had to ask another waiter before we ever got any. We had the brunch servings of pasta and the flavors were either bland or "off" somehow. We will not go back.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Azzurro Restaurant? Share your experiences!