“Great food-great service...a bit pricy.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Azzurro Restaurant

Azzurro Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Azzurro Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #189 of 1,602 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food-great service...a bit pricy.”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

A hidden nugget for anyone not familiar with the River Road eateries. The food is fantastic and the service is very good. Pricing is set for West-Enders though.

Visited September 2011

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Extremely loud.”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We tried Azzuro's on a Sat night. The restaurant is very narrow when you walk in but opens in the rear. The bar is located on the left and was very busy. Literally 4ft from the bar stools were tables for two along the right hand side.

We were seated in a table across from the bar. With all the people seated at the bar as well as standing behind the seats, it didn't leave much room for customers and staff to walk from the front of the restaurant to the back. The floor was tile so combined with a narrow restaurant made for a loud evening. I am late thirtys and can hear fine, but my date and I had to yell for each of us to hear.

The food was good, the service was good but if you're looking for a quiet romantic meal, this is not the place. I have never written a review but felt compelled to write one about this place.

There are plenty other Richmond restaurants with similar or better dishes with a better ambiance. For what was paid very dissapointed.

1 Thank X74
“What is not to love?”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Sat outside this evening and enjoyed the scallops and gorgonzola appetizer, Greek salad, shrimp pasta special, and my colleague had the lamb. What excellent service with John as the attentive waiter, amazing ambiance outside on the patio, and most importantly, phenomenal food! I could not be more pleased with the experience.

Marlboro, Vermont, United States
“Always a Nice Safe Layup.”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I wouldn't go so far as to say Azzurro is the best of its kind in Richmond, but it consistently delivers quality food for a fair price with great service. I've eaten at this restaurant so many times I've lost count as it is a family favorite. The key to my appreciation for Azzurro is that I never object to eating there. The ravioli con porcini is always delicious and one of the rare times I don't eat meat in a restaurant. The service is excellent and I've never had a bad experience here. Can't go wrong.

• Visited June 2011
Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Yum!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I had been wanting to go to this place for a long time.. ambience was lovely, we went there for valentines day. sat immediately 20 minutes earlier than our reservation. Food was delish!! loved the mozz and tomato/proscutto appetizer, the mozz was served warm!!! my husband had the rock fish and loved it!! i had the chicken with mozz and i must say they were a little too generous with the gravy.. next time i will ask them to do alot less... wine was good. waitress was very nice... can't wait to go back and try some more of their dishes!

• Visited February 2012