“You have to check out this Gem!”

Melito's Restaurant
Ranked #214 of 1,719 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed November 24, 2009

I was recently in Richmond, VA. on business, and I stumbled upon this gem. Not knowing Richmond at all I was pretty well at the mercy of my choice. I am glad I made this decision. I had the Black Bean Burger and was not disappointed by any means. You could tell when you walk in the door that this place has a wealth of family history, yet with a flair for the new..Service was awesome and very polite, and the price was very comparible to other restaurants. I will definitly go there when I am back in town..Thanks for the experience Melito's. I had fun...

Reviewed June 8, 2009

Great food, been coming here for years, highly recommend the chilli & the three cheese spaghetti! Never had a bad experience! Great prices & yummy homemade desserts too!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 28, 2008

Not the most friendly service, but the food is good quality. A little pricy for what you get, but seems to be alright considering the business it pulls.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 7, 2008

Good food and good people. Not the biggest place but once you get in your seat it does not matter. Usually has a wait.

Reviewed March 13, 2008

I did not have a chance to try the food as I felt compelled to leave within the first two minutes, after the manager rushed to the table seeing my unopened 100% non-alcoholic ginger beer (that is the best thing to knock out a stomach ache, by the way) and demanded that I take the bottle out of the restaurant (sounding as if I had just engaged in a criminal offense), to which I replied: 1. "it is non-alcoholic," and 2. "OK." Since I didn't jump up within a millisecond to run the bottle out the door, he replied, "NOW!" It was quite demeaning. I leaned to my dinner mate and asked if she was ready to leave. The food might have been good, but a manager on a power trip might have left it tasting rather sour.

3  Thank Alynn1