“An annual affair.”

Good for: Families with children
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“An annual affair.”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I love clubs and look forward to it every time we visit Richmond. If we lived there, I would eat there every week. Wonderful place and the back room almost fit all of us.

Visited November 2013

Richmond, Virginia
“One of our favorite spots.”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

As a married couple and a family, we average eating at Melito's about once a month. Only once, in many years, have I had a questionable meal (Talipia Wrap). This experience was a one-off and chalked up to an experiment gone wrong. Every resturant should get one mulligan.

Over the last fifteen years we have tried most everything on the regular menu. Favorites include the hot dogs, chili, reubens (either type), salads salmon sandwich and the locally made coconut cake (killer).

The service is never poor (other reviewers must have hit rough spots) and averages very good to excellent. Many are young ladies in college and are aware that the patrons tip well for excellent service. Our latest waitress was outstanding, the food arrived quickly and the attentiveness to the drinks was appreciated and rewarded.

The atmosphere is, well, Melito's. Small, crowded and can be a little noisy. Arrive early or late for lunch during the week. Hitting there at noon can be frustrating, even though they truly understand table turnover.

We love this place. If you do not, stay away. This allows the rest of us to enjoy Melito's.

Visited September 2013
Virginia
“Happy Hour Changed Without Notice”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Melitos has a great happy hour- $1.50 rail drinks from 3-9pm on Fridays. However, they reduced the hours without any notice (we go pretty frequently). That was the only thing keeping us going there because the service is very poor and the food is only average. They need better appetizers to go with their drinks, there aren't enough options. We'll look for other options that have better food.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank jetguy332
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Salmon Sandwich”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

On a recent trip back home to Richmond, we decided to go back to an old favorite....Melito's. I usually get a salad but this time, the salmon sandwich called me. It was outstanding. Served warm on a roll with fries, this meal was filling and delicious. The service is always good and this place is always busy. I recommend that you go before or after typical busy lunch and dinner hours. If you are alone, the long bar is friendly and entertaining.

• Visited August 2013
Portsmouth, Virginia
“Relaxing Lunch”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My Dad, age 90, and I were out running errands and stopped by this restaurant for lunch. It has always been good but it has been years since our last visit. I am afraid I stuck with an old reliable world famous hot dog. The service was prompt. The waitress never let the drink go dry. The fries were crisp and except for the music being a little loud for my hard of hearing father the visit was good. Other dishes are excellent, but with my long hiatus, I was not experimenting.

• Visited August 2013