“Great little Italian Joint”
Review of Chianti

Chianti
Ranked #293 of 1,619 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Casual lunch and dinner Italian restaurant where they know your name if you are a regular....

Great sandwiches (subs) and pizza and the Italian dishes are equally as good.

Family and I often pop in for a great lunch - where they regularly have combo meals of subs, fries and drinks reasonably priced.

The cheesesteak supreme is loaded with hot peppers, mushrooms, and onions and should not be missed.

Check it out if you are in the area....you will soon be a regular too!

There are newer reviews for Chianti

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Being a native Italian I tend to get very critical when I am at an Italian restaurant. In no way can any restaurant recreate that home cooking atmosphere that most Italians are accustomed to. Chianti is a very clean place and it doesn’t smell of garlic as some establishments do. The service I thought was great and not intrusive. The quality to price ratio I thought was good. My son and I both got a fried calamari appetizer and pasta entrees. The calamari were plentiful tasty and not greasy and rubbery. My fettuccine and scallops were excellent. It had plenty of fish and the tomato based sauce was not overpowering or watery. The same was true for my son's spaghetti with shrimps. The restaurant is located about 10 to 15 minutes from downtown but it is worth a trip.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Everything I've tried is good there, sandwiches, pasta or pizza. The prices are reasonable and they have a good lunch special.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Some of the best Italian food we have had in Richmond. The calzone melted in your mouth. Reasonably priced. Service was a little spotty but probably because the restaurant was so busy.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have been going to Chianti for years and love it! Staff is nice, food is great! My favorite is the veal marsala...best I've found. I try veal marsala everywhere I go and none can compete. My husband loves all of their chicken dishes and we both enjoy the pizza. A gem of a restaurant!!!

Been to Chianti? Share your experiences!