“Dinner on a Saturday evening”
Review of Helen's

Helen's
Ranked #170 of 1,879 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2018

We returned to Helen's for dinner last Saturday and had a burger with side salad and Arctic char with corn and fingerling potatoes and squash. Both were good choices, and we enjoyed them very much. No room for dessert !

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Sunday brunch we tried shrimp & grits, pork belly eggs Benedict with curry potatoes, both scrumptious. Entire menu looked delicious. Just don’t go if you’re in a hurry. Got there 10:30 and were quickly seated, but still took 40+ min for our food to arrive.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 7, 2018

We went Friday night not busy at all. They sat us with menu's we waited for about 7to 8 minutes before the waitress came over asked about drinks we gave her the order she said be right back, 10 minutes later the drinks came to the table again not busy. We order a salad, mussles and one dinner. To me everything was just to slow my asked for another glass of wine and that took 10 minutes. Just a reminder it was NOT busy. The food was just OK. Sorry Helen's

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 15, 2018

The eggs benedict with crab cake were outstanding! The eggs were done perfectly with a wonderful hollandaise sauce, and the crab cake was very nice as well. I told the waitress they were done perfectly and please share with the chefs my compliments. The side of potatoes were also wonderful. This wasn't a "planned" brunch. Were were leaving a museum and decided to have impromptu brunch. We usually eat dinner here occasionally, and this was our first brunch experience. We will definitely return.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I dined at Helen’s before going to the Altria for a show. It was a cute little place and surprisingly not very busy for a Saturday night. Our server did a good job, food was a little slow coming out but proper temperature so the kitchen was to blame. I was not impressed with the specialty drink I ordered. In fact, I sent it back. The mango purée in it was goopy and reminded me of the syrupy sludge in the bottom of the can of frozen drink mixers. I got a Moscow mule after that and it was fine, have had much better though. The food really was the highlight. I thought the beet salad was good, as was the calamari. The chicken stuffed with sausage and pistachios was delicious. The short rib was ok. Loved the gouda grits. The dessert was meh...and I have a major sweet tooth so they fell short there since it doesn’t take much to impress me where sugar is involved. All in all it was pretty good but I doubt we will return since there are so many other outstanding options.

Date of visit: April 2018