“Rude staff, poor seating , good food!”
Review of Stella's

Stella's
Reserve with OpenTable
Stella's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,603 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Richmond, Virginia
“Rude staff, poor seating , good food!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I have been to Stella's about ten times in a wide variety of situations. Really enjoy the food....really want to love the restaurant.....but they are really trying my good nature:( They have tons of rules about reservations and seating and cramming you into crowded space which I understand up to a point. However, for all their attempts at being fair...they end up hurting their customers who are in the place, ready to order food and drinks....I watch folks stand awkwardly waiting at a too crowded door area while tables stand empty. I haven't always been directly affected but it has become obvious to me that the problem begins with the manager who doesn't seem to "get it." The hostess is trying her best but I think I can do without the discomfort of being treated rudely, not being allowed to be seated when 6 of the 7 in the party have arrived, and a waitstaff that is too rushed to be nice. C'mon Stella's - put a system in place that will match the quality of your food!

Visited December 2013

Richmond, Virginia
“Fantastic Greek Fare in an Unexpected Neighborhood Setting”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stella's is one of those places that kind of sneaks up on you. Its unpretentious, but pleasant, neighborhood location suggests a modest, rather ordinary dining experience. And once inside, an unpretentious, "countrified Greek" decorating theme does little to dispel that initial expectation. But first impressions are often wrong... and in Stella's case, they're very wrong.

This is a wonderful Greek restaurant. All the Greek favorites and their variations, prepared with real skill and imaginative flair. And served by a highly professional, engaging staff. Not surprising, Stella's is popular. Lunches and dinners alike are generally very busy, and crowd noise can be an issue, if you're looking to hold a quiet conversation. But the high energy levels and full tables never seems to be a problem for the kitchen. And if you find yourself dining alone, there's always the "communal" table at the restaurant's center -- one of the few in Richmond.

We're regulars and often sit at the bar. We especially enjoy the Greek salad offerings -- all fresh as can be, and generously proportioned. Regarding portions, you'll likely be taking some items home with you -- so be careful not to over-order. Then again, enjoying Stella's the next day is certainly a very good thing...

• Visited February 2014
Virginia
“Excellent Food, Horrific Service”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I went to Stellas for lunch this week. I had heard a lot of good things so I was looking forward to trying it. We got there about 1:15, so a little after the lunch rush. We were seated immediately and it went downhill from there. We waited at least 5, probably closer to 10 minutes with no contact. Finally a waiter stopped by our table and said "what do you want to drink?"....No "Hi, my name is," "No welcome to Stellas!", nothing. He set our waters down and we waited another 5-10 minutes to order and got the same treatment. Food took about 20 minutes to get there after the order. Our waiter stopped by our table 6 times total: drinks, drinks placed, food, food placed and tickets. We ordered grilled cheese and stew which were outstanding. I don't think I would go back. There are other places in Richmond to get just as good a food and be treated like a human!

• Visited January 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Best Greek/Mediterranean in RVA”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Food is fantastic. Grilled Octopus is a great starter. Love the Pikelia to share. Very hard to get a Thurs, Fri, Sat reservation.

• Visited March 2013
spain
“Not so good”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We arrived without a booking and were told -no chance the first time.
Came back second time just after 6pm and were seated after a short wait.

Why did we bother? Noisy,rude staff and food which was just Ok. I do not know where their cooks-not chefs-come from as the food I have has in Greece is not what I had at this restaurant. I have had many a good meal in Greece and I had hoped for better at this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013