“Excellent Greek Food”
Review of Stella's

Stella's
Reserve with OpenTable
Stella's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,647 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were passing through Richmond and decided to stop at Stella's for lunch--based on Tripadvisor reviews.

Our meal and service was excellent. Also Stella's has a nice decor. Easy to find coming off the highway and well worth the detour.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

If you are in the Richmond area, one word...GO! Even if you don't think you like octopus, two words...ORDER IT!
Really, everything we ordered, including the s alas was spot on and very reasonably priced. The menu says "small plate style", but the servings are ample.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I am a longtime resident of Richmond and have enjoyed food Stella prepared since the early 70s. Last night, however, was a big disappointment. For starters, the white house wine was awful. Stella's bread was great as usual, but the available olive oil was tasteless. I probably should've ordered something Greek, but decided on the crabcakes, "prepared by Stella." In all fairness, they were good. Little filler, two pudgy cakes. Who could go wrong with those dynamics? They were accompanied by orzo and tomatoes, a totally bland combination. As a side, I had braised endive. They were fresh, but unremarkable.
What was left of the evening was noise so loud I had to speak up in order to be heard. I guess the crowded sound generated by tin ceilings is meant to either enliven diners or to turn tables as quickly as possible. I know I was eager to leave.
I expected the best in Stella's, but I was sadly disappointed. I cannot imagine returning there.

1  Thank Corcoron
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Wonderful food, large portions, helpful & friendly service (contrary to other reviews I'd seen) and, yes, it's noisy & you may wait. That's because Stella's is SO good! Lots of unusual but delicious appetizers. We loved the Saganaki with portabello mushrooms (warm cheese) served with grilled pita as was the delicious warm feta cheese appetizer with olive oil & garlic..yum. The Yia Yia's salad was interesting & good and last, but not least, the grilled octopus in olive oil & fresh lemon juice: OMG, you don't know what you've been missing! Full bar with helpful recommendations.
Oh yeah, we somehow found room for the dessert to share--chocolate baklava topped with salted caramel gelato, stuff to dream of..

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I believe this is the 3rd incarnation of Stella's and it is still amazing. The food is always spot on and the atmophere is very lively and friendly. It is fun to strike up a conversation with people eating at the bar or the community table and discuss favorite dishes. Love going for happy hour and the mezze plates which are small enough that you can comfortably have 5-6 plates between 2 people - and they are half price. This may be the only restuarant in Richmond where you have to get reservations several weeks out if you go at a prime dining hour. We love going for an early dinner and eating at the bar.