“decent food, hipsterish crowd and waitress with attitude”
Review of Sticky Rice

Sticky Rice
Ranked #302 of 1,606 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, American
Good for: Bar scene
Chesterfield, New Jersey
“decent food, hipsterish crowd and waitress with attitude”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I've eaten here once before a couple of years back visiting my friend. The employees and some of the crowd here seem to be hipsters with piercings, exposed tats and skinny jeans. It kinda give the place a cool edgier vibe. Food I ate was pretty good, we had a few different of the noodle bowls and my steak was tender and medium which was nice. However my buddy got the spare ribs, which I considered to be barely edible... super dry and not much actual meat on it. In addition our waitress had some attitude and gave us a hard time when we asked to split the bill on 2 cards but put the beers on only one of our cards. She didn't seem to grasp the concept of how to do it so we ended up just telling her the amounts to put on each. Overall an edgy place with some cool stuff on the menu, but nothing I'd go out of my way to seek.

Visited May 2012

richmond virginia
“Best place for sushi in Richmond”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This place has more different options of sushi than you can imagine....also wonderful other food options and you can't leave without ordering a bucket of tots...

Visited March 2012
1 Thank lauthehut
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Great sushi, loud bar.”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I had some crazy good sushi there. They have a nice sushi menu, with some good innovations, and some tested hits.

The sushi is terrific. The tots bucket is a must. But, as a bar, it´s just too loud and cramped. Just not my kind of bar. And maybe I was too old to be there. But it´s the downside.

But I really enjoyed the food, and I recommend that you visit it. Maybe at lunch...

• Visited March 2011
pittsboro, nc
“great food, great price”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

a more richmond local eatery. We love sushi and we love tater tots and the combo was amazing. They had good prices, great happy hour and fantastic tots

Visited January 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Richmond's Best Sushi”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Sticky Rice has got to be some of RVA's best sushi. It is located in the unique Fan district and is small enough to keep it feeling cozy while big enough to accomodate everyone in your group! Good place for a dinner with friends or even a first date.

• Visited January 2012