“Worst mexican in Richmond” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
richmond VA
“Worst mexican in Richmond”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2007

I ordered my favorite - Chile Relleno. Instead, I received a slice of bell pepper on top of some hamburger meat. When I mentioned it to the cashier, he was embarrassed - as he should have been. He should have apologized, but only mumbled something about "not authentic" - truly an understatement!
After one of my friends moved to Illinois, he reported back that when he ordered Chile Relleno he was served a stuffed bell pepper. We were all appalled. Perhaps the proprietor moved to Richmond from Illinois!
AVOID THIS PLACE!!!!

chicago, IL
“Excellent Food - Reasonable Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2007

I was in Richmond on a business trip. My plane got in late and was hungry by the time I got to the hotel. A couple blocks from the hotel was the Mexico restaurant. A guidebook in the hotel lobby said it was voted Richmond's best Mexican, so I thought I would give it a try.

The food was very good and I thought about going there for the second night I was in town.... but the nature to always try something new took over and I went elsewhere, but it was close.

The atmosphere was pleasant and prices were very reasonable. Upon arrival I was seated quickly and given a free basket of chips and salsa (both of which were also very good).

My dinner arrived quickly and was served with all the standard Mexican fixings. It was a very good meal topped off with a couple tasty but inexpensive draft beers. I was quite satisfied and stuffed and it only cost the company a total of $15.31 after a 20% tip.

Without hesitation I would go back here for a meal if I am back in town.